Where`s m0ds?

Started by [delete}, Mon 14/05/2018 18:15:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

I don't know your vision for it m0ds, but AGS has matured into a sweet little 2D engine. Sure, there are still things that would be nice to have, but you can do a lot with it. As for the community, yes there is a troubling amount of waaambulances dispatched. One was just sent for your post ;) I think, considering what indie games and games in general has been going through, this is something we all have to deal with for the time being.

I do think you're taking all this a bit too seriously. If you're a creator, the power is with you to make improvements, or build something better. Followers aren't NPCs, but they are stupid. And if you're a creator, and you're trying to wrangle followers when you should be building, you will always run into frustration.

Yes the mosquitoes will come after you when they smell blood. I don't know what your new community is like, but do you really think it doesn't have its share of people trying to take it over for their own gain? The only difference is, you don't yet know who they are.

ddq

Just to be clear, the part in m0ds' rant that says EDIT BY AGA originally said "slimey little bitch". Just so we're clear that the only punishment here for one community member calling another member a "slimey little bitch" is to cover up the fact that they called someone a "slimey little bitch".

Jack

And what punishment wouldst thou like?

ddq

The perfect punishment would be leaving his post unedited and damning himself publicly with his own words.

AGA

Quote from: ddq on Wed 10/10/2018 22:06:38
The perfect punishment would be leaving his post unedited and damning himself publicly with his own words.

What happens to Mods is a separate issue.  Until then I edited out the part people have explicitly complained about, and that is most likely to cause immediate offense and upset.

Ben X

Quote from: Jack on Wed 10/10/2018 22:04:46
And what punishment wouldst thou like?

In every other forum I go on, it would be an immediate ban. I think that would be reasonable here and I'm glad to hear that editing out the worst of many nasty parts of that post won't be the only action considered.

Stupot

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Wed 10/10/2018 17:18:06
Dude, you *scammed* this community out of a couple of grand to make a game *years ago* that you didn't. How can you possibly expect to have any good will left?

If you're talking about the Kinky Island, it should be pointed out that Mark has recently repaid the money back to Indiegogo backers, which was beyond my expectation. A lot of crowdfunded projects never come to fruition and the backers never see that money again. So to be given that money back without asking for it, and be told that I'd still get a copy of Kinky Island if/when it's ever completed, AND be told I should put that money towards backing another more deserving project doesn't make me feel like I've been scammed.

I don't know about the AdventureX stuff so I won't comment except to say it would be nice to hear another side of the story.

I didn't enjoy being called an NPC, though. Some of us just have other things to do and we don't have time to be fully engaged pillars of the community. I try doing my bit when I can but often (especially lately) real life take precedence over a blue page on the Internet. I do look up to the moderators and the admins who are able to find the time to keep on top of this stuff while also having kids and jobs and presumably some other interests and housework and shopping to do.

[delete}

There's also Mark Lovegrove's 'Screen7 TV' stream on Youtube, featuring the latest information and previews of his game studio. Foremost Lorelai by Grim.

Dualnames

I love you all, maybe not Calin, but I love you all.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

qptain Nemo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk