Grim Fandango involved

Started by Czar, Mon 21/04/2003 21:41:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Czar

Well, another thread by me, how yaayish  :D :D
Anyway what i wanted to say is that recently(actually a little more than recently), i bought myself the Grim Fandango original...(yes you non-sinners , my first GF was indeed a COPY  :o )...
Anyway what i wanted to say is the differences i noticed between the last version and this version of GF, this new version was a lot more buggy than the last one ( well maybe it had to with the thing that now i play it on a P4 2.4 512DDR 333, GF4 Ti4200 128mb...etc etc, not that i'm bragging or anything  ;), and before i had a P 133 with no 3d acceleration)...
So what i discovered is: I used only one disc in the whole game(Disc A)
                                     If you walk into a certain moment on the floor with the view to the stadium with cats, there is a bug and you dont stand on the floor and you see cats running....
                                     And yes, i know there is a patch now for this, but i also have the subtitles in movies, whenever i look at them, without putting the patch..
    Well, maybe there is more ( if i remember, i'll post it), but i wanted to ask, did anyone have similar issues, problems? ???
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Timosity

I bought a copy a month or so ago and I didn't have the problems you mentioned I use an AMD 1.33GHtz GF2MX200 but I'm not sure which version of the game I've got.

I did use both discs, year 1&3 on A and 2&4 on B

That seems strange that you only used disc A seeing as on my discs the cutscenes are divided between the 2 unless you installed more stuff onto your machine.

Also I'd never played it before as it was released when I was in my early 20's and out of the loop of games passed 1993

and it ends up being one of those games that I'm am so greatful to have played, I'm glad I waited this long to play it, I experienced the pleasure of it.

But now I'm like everybody else, I've played it and know the story and puzzles, therefore can't get the 1st playthrough experience ever again,

sometimes amnesia would be a good thing.

jannar85

Maybe it's warez ._.
You've been tricked, boy.

I first thought that your girlfriend was involved in gamedevelopment. Bummer..
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Czar

I dont think that i fully understand your post jannar  ???
But anyway, i think on the "normal" version i had i think, I THINK, disc A was for years 1,2 and B for 3,4, am i right or not??
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Scummbuddy

No, I think i had to keep switching cds between years, like originaly posted.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Timosity

I figured It makes logical sense for the ways the cds are layed out, cause you are in Rubacava in year 2 and 4 so it makes sense that the graphics and code and stuff are on the same cd, saves space for the 1.3GB.

but who knows, there could be many versions

Czar

Yeah, i just looked inot the folder, it's 1,22 GB, so i guess i choosed a max installation ( is there any?)...
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk