SOLVED... Error: access to path

Started by Slasher, Sat 02/06/2018 19:24:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

This is becoming a regular occurrence:

Unexpected error: Access to the path 'C:\Users\PC-user\Documents\GROUNDHOG\Compiled\Windows\GROUNDHOG.exe' is denied.

ManicMatt

What is it you're trying to do? Is this in the AGS Editor?

Try running AGS as administrator and see if it does it.

morganw

Generally, this is when you have an Explorer window open, looking at that location, and that is locking the file.
If you just close that window, it should be okay.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: morganw on Sat 02/06/2018 19:39:32
Generally, this is when you have an Explorer window open, looking at that location, and that is locking the file.
If you just close that window, it should be okay.

I was testing custom game icons recently, and immediately reproduced this error by having Compiled folder opened in Explorer.

Is there any available solution to prevent this (programmatically), like asking system for more rights etc?

morganw

As far as I know, when you get denied access, the only thing to do is retry again a little later, and then give up after a few tries. At a guess, either the game compiler isn't requesting an exclusive lock, or the handle is getting released part way through the process (before a second compilation stage requests a second handle).

Slasher

I should have answered earlier...

Malwarebytes decided to auto upgrade around the time of the error.....I did not think of any consequences of the upgrade..

Anyhow, I uninstalled it and the error seems to have gone...

cheers

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Slasher on Fri 22/06/2018 21:32:13
I should have answered earlier...

Malwarebytes decided to auto upgrade around the time of the error.....I did not think of any consequences of the upgrade..

Anyhow, I uninstalled it and the error seems to have gone...

cheers

This was in another thread: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=56129.0

There are two different errors, and the error described in this topic is not gone, it has always been there. As I noted above, I got this error by simply testing custom icon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk