Google Paint transperancy help

Started by funnyboy044, Fri 08/06/2018 00:02:03

Previous topic - Next topic

funnyboy044

I'm drawing everything in google paint for my game and I've recently noticed that I can't make a couple of my characters transparent. There is always either a pink background or a pure white background over the character. I've used to be able to make them transparent, but I've forgotten.
Please help!

Khris

If you use a single color for transparency, you can tell AGS which corner to grab it from during importing the sprite.
Or you use alpha transparency, in which case the image needs to be saved as PNG, with an alpha channel.

What's google paint? I googled it but didn't find anything besides some Chrome apps.

funnyboy044

It's the paint feature that comes with Windows 10.

Click'd

And why would it be called "google paint"?

funnyboy044

I guess I just use google so much I call it google paint

Jack

If google paint doesn't exist then why do I have 5 of these shirts?

Cassiebsg

Because you keep Googling "paint"? (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

ManicMatt

Try looking for the solution by using the Yahoo Google search engine. :P

Anyway, I'm not familiar with the new iteration of Microsoft Paint, but looking online it looks like a bit of pain to make it transparent. Can I instead recommend a different program entirely - assuming you aren't using the 3D portion of Paint, GIMP?

it's free, and it has alpha transparency, plus many tools I doubt Google Paint has. Haha.

Crimson Wizard

Uhhh, what's all the deal with google paint?..

Anyway, sprite transparency depends on following things:
- What is your game's Color Depth setting (256 colors, 16-bit and 32-bit games have different options).
- How do you paint sprite's background (do you fill it with some color, or "cut out" with zero alpha value.
- What format do you save image into (some format may loose alpha channel, or change colors, like JPEG).
- What options do you use when importing sprite (transparent pixel selection, use or not use alpha channel).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk