Incredibly sad news

Started by CaptainD, Mon 11/06/2018 21:27:27

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Just saw on Twitter - I have no reason to believe its not genuine - that AGSer Amayirot Akago tragically took his own life this morning.  Thoughts are with his friends and family, I thought people here would want to know even though it's heartbreaking. Sorry to be the bearer of such very bad news.

Blondbraid

My god, that's horrible! Thank you for telling this, it's incredibly sad that he would end like that. I'm so sorry for what happened.

Snarky

I'm very sorry to hear that. All my sympathy to those who knew him.

Suicides are such a terrible waste. We as a society need to do a better job with prevention and treatment.

Cassiebsg

8-0 :~(
That is indeed tragic. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

ManicMatt

Shocking, sad news. I didn't know them but they were fun company in the rumpus guessing games.

If anyone here is suffering from depression, you can PM me anytime to talk. In my twenties I attempted an overdose, but I am much better now, and happy to be alive.

LimpingFish

That's awful news. I only talked to him via PM about some Steam keys I had a couple of weeks ago.

A sad reminder that behind our posts and online personas are living, feeling people.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Stupot

Jesus. That's really sad to hear. He seemed like a decent guy.

Mandle

That's really sad to hear and a genuine shame as he had probably actually found one of the rare internet communities here that would have honestly tried to help if he had reached out.

I understand that it's hard to trust sharing your deepest feelings on the net because of the trolling and bullying that goes on in most communities but I really feel that the AGS community is still safe from these horrible trends.

I have seen many threads on AGS where people talk about RL problems, feelings of despair, anger, and frustration, and I have never seen a trolling response. Only support, understanding, and well-wishes.

I really hope if anyone needs to share some feelings, and doesn't have another outlet, they would give us a chance to help out here.

Jack

We will miss you in the movie thread, jive robot.

Gurok

You never know sometimes just how bad it is for some people. :( He certainly didn't let on.

CaptainD, can I ask where this was on Twitter? Do you have a link to a tweet or anything?
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Click'd

Quote from: Gurok on Tue 12/06/2018 02:13:01
CaptainD, can I ask where this was on Twitter? Do you have a link to a tweet or anything?
Just put the name in the search box on top.

Privateer Puddin'

josiah1221

So sad to hear this ???. I wish the best for his family and friends during this tragic loss.

Slasher

He did some work with me only a couple of months ago.

Tragic.....

RIP...

https://twitter.com/search?q=amayirot%20akago&src=tyah

mkennedy

My condolences. If one suffers from depression it is important to talk to someone about it and don't be afraid to seek help.

MiteWiseacreLives!

I'm very sorry to hear this.. seemed like a cool guy, stick close to the ones that care about you even if you think this is the only place that cares (but you all know that's not true...)

TheFrighter

Maybe we will never understand the reasons  of that. Depression is the first that came in mind, but who knows. It's sad anyway

CaptainD

Stu the original tweet was here - https://twitter.com/LNorwegians/status/1006206301645557761

Seems that this was completely out of the blue, but the reminders to look after your own and others' mental health are most welcome, it's a message that cannot really be repeated too much.

selmiak

I didn't quite know him so good but think he was very involved with everything he did. All the best to his friends and family. May he rest in peace.

CrashPL

I just saw the post on my twitter dash, oh my god. I'm still in shock...
Rest in peace, friend. You will be greatly missed...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk