Trails and Traces - The Tomb of Thomas Tew (OUT NOW!)

Started by ManicMatt, Thu 14/06/2018 10:24:13

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

He looks like a Ray to me.  Not 100% sure why but he does.

Ray Loretto.

ManicMatt

Thanks all! Especially appreciate the art compliment, I don't get many of those!

I'm going with Frank Loretto! Very mobster sounding!

I don't think I've said, all my backgrounds are done, but I still need to draw more characters and objects. I've done those for the first 'chapter' if you like, so I'm now doing all the object and hotspot descriptions, and so on, to finish off that chapter before moving on. (Although still with no music or sound)

ManicMatt

Go to America and visit a pirate museum!

Go to England and visit a record store that just so happens to only stock music I love!

CaptainD

Looking good and containing the obligatory blue cup - nice! :grin:

ManicMatt

Hehe well spotted! I wanted to have him drinking from a cup, so the type of cup and colour was an obvious choice!

I should point out the majority of backgrounds in my game do not contain tills, I just like these places the most!

ManicMatt

A trailer is now up to see my game in action! It was really hard not to spoil too much, while showing off some cool bits. The game will be out soon!

https://youtu.be/OE5JMHicnDE

Creamy

Stupot

Nice trailer. Your pixel credit card readers are scarily accurate. Also, love the album covers, especially Garbage  :cheesy:

You might want to reverse the direction of the birds flying, or flip the sprite. They fly with the head of the V at the front.

ManicMatt

CaptainD: Wow thanks! I'm not experienced in making trailers so I guess a did a decent job!

Creamy: Thank you! The game even let's you go down an alley!

Stupot: Cheers! Haha yes I really like little detailed stuff. Nice spot on the Garbage cd, has to be my favourite album of theirs. I flipped the birds and they looked like they were flying backwards lol. Nevermind eh not a huge deal. Ironically I recall looking images up to check, i must have seen small images and assumed they were flying right, not left!

Squinky

ManicMatt

Thanks Squinky, long time no read, good to see you!

Little update: All going well, Trails and Traces should see its release on Itch.io next week!

ManicMatt

The game is now released. Announcement to be posted in the completed game section!

Game Link:
https://becausebecause.itch.io/trails-and-traces-the-tomb-of-thomas-tew

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

ManicMatt

Thanks!

I thought I'd better reply before this thread gets locked down for all eternity!

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk