Game pitch competition, existential twist edition, vote now!

Started by Andail, Tue 26/06/2018 17:04:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your favourite game pitch

1 (7.7%)
4 (30.8%)
0 (0%)
3 (23.1%)
5 (38.5%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Tue 10/07/2018 19:46:47

Mandle

Quote from: Andail on Fri 06/07/2018 11:36:51
Maybe it's better if I simply voted on my favourite pitch, instead :)

Yeah, I don't think it matters that much if you know who's who. I'm sure you will be impartial.

Kweepa

Quote from: Andail on Fri 06/07/2018 11:36:51
My reasoning was that if I refrained from voting, that's effectively voting on myself (albeit in a dilluted form), since every other participant will vote on an entry that isn't their own.
Shurely shome mishtake...
I just voted for you by not voting! And for everyone else!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

TheFrighter

I'm more busy during summer, so I didn't partecipate this round (and maybe also the next)!

I voted for #4, this "crossroads" adventure with elements of mental illness (so I think) seems intriguing!

Curiosuly more than one entries is a "loop" adventure!

_

Snarky

Once more, feedback! Standard "only one person's opinion" disclaimer applies. My reaction to #6 will shock you!

Survival horror in polar research facilities is always a good hook (see: The Thing, Infinity String). I think it's a little bit of an idea at war with its game mechanic, though. If you know the gun is always the “easy way out” of any problem, then you will always be looking for the “real” solution, so it ceases to be a factor. And the problem with the final twist is that it comes when the game is already effectively over, so I don't see it having that much impact. It's clever, though.

I'm all about DeepDream art, and I can really see it working to create landscapes enhanced by AR projection (a garbage dump half-transformed into a tropical garden and stuff like that). But the plot sounds a lot like the old “you wake up in a cell with no memory of who you are or how you got there” setup, which is probably one of the most over-used game openings in the book. PS: RIP Harlan Ellison.

Nice idea; I think the indie platform gaming scene would be all over it, since they love meta stuff like this. The only thing is that... it's not an adventure game.

Very camusing.

Have your heard of Christina the Astonishing? People used to have ways to come to terms with inexplicable events like this (or maybe rather: they had a framework for understanding them in which they weren't inexplicable).

Which is to say: Interesting premise â€" its success really depends on how it is resolved. If it ends up unsatisfying, it could be one of those works like Lost or Battlestar Galactica that are remembered for their failed endings.

A promising setup. However, I have a strong dislike for the clickbait teaser style where you describe someone's reaction to something without revealing what that thing actually is.

CaptainD

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 08/07/2018 09:04:37
My reaction to #6 will shock you!

He couldn't understand why the audience was cheering!! :-D

Snarky

If you haven't voted yet, this is your last chance: it closes in an hour.

Mandle

Congratz to the winner!

Now do we guess who did each pitch?

Snarky

Yeah. Like Stupot I think it's a bit fruitless if you don't know who the possibilities are, so I'll confirm that I did enter this round as well.

I'll guess that #1 is Andail.

CaptainD

Mandle

Snarky

So just to take stock, the participants are Stupot, Andail, Snarky, CaptainD, Mandle and one unknown person (maybe dactylopus, who expressed interest?).

Stupot

Cat and Cassie also said they had been trying to think of something. Whether they entered or not, I din't know.

I agree possibly #1 is Andail and #3 is CaptainD
I'm putting my money on Snarky for #4

Cassiebsg

I come out blank, so I did not enter. (wrong)
I did vote on #5... Cause I want to see how the story progresses. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

My guesses:

#5 - Stupot
#2 - Andail
#4 - Snarky
#1 - Mandle

Snarky

Snarky

I'm pretty sure Stupot is #5, and I suspect Mandle is #6, which makes CaptainD #3.

Gurok

I think #2 is Snarky and by a process of elimination, #6 is CaptainD?

Also, I am the secret entrant!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Snarky

I then know 3 of the other participants, but listing them also gives away which one was me (though I think you can already work that out from available information):

Spoiler
#6 CaptainD, #5 Stupot, #4 Mandle... and yes, Gurok is right, I'm #2
[close]

And I'll guess:

Spoiler
#1 Andail, #3 Gurok
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk