MAGS July “Shocking” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sun 01/07/2018 00:02:16

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS July?

Stories of the unexpected: 'Until further notice'
1 (5.6%)
The Lightning Spell
4 (22.2%)
Welcome to Nod River
2 (11.1%)
The Shaft
10 (55.6%)
Pizza Calls
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: Thu 16/08/2018 00:10:17

Retro Wolf

I've put a limit of 10x10 rooms for now, how far can a player walk without getting bored? You can walk North and South now as well. At the moment it's kind of a treasure hunt, maybe I'll add an objective for tracking someone through the desert. There'll be a few rooms that are handcrafted, these are landmarks so you can check your bearings. Maybe I'll make a map to place these landmarks.

Apart from the electric fence I'm not sure how well I'm going to fit the theme yet, though I've got a good feeling that I'll complete this project (even if not for the competition) it's been two years since I've released something!

Slasher

Retro Wolf
QuoteApart from the electric fence I'm not sure how well I'm going to fit the theme yet, though I've got a good feeling that I'll complete this project (even if not for the competition) it's been two years since I've released something!

I hope you come up with something to show (nod)

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Tue 24/07/2018 20:49:32
Apart from the electric fence I'm not sure how well I'm going to fit the theme yet, though I've got a good feeling that I'll complete this project (even if not for the competition) it's been two years since I've released something!

Oh, great, now I'm thinking of the Ren & Stimpy game "Don't Whizz on the Electric Fence"!  Thanks a lot! (laugh)

Mandle

I drew up another building in my background last night but it's only still a small percentage of how much work is still to be done.

It was a ton of fun though and looks just like what I wanted so I'm happy. ;-D

imsomnia212

I'm in (a little bit late, but that's because I was busy with my own game)
Are u a tuna?

VampireWombat

Oh good. Maybe there will be some competition for Slasher after all.

There were a few complications on trying to get my verb coin to work. I might have thought of a way to make it work at 1:30 or so this morning. Or else it just sounded good then.
If it doesn't work, then I'll either go with a 2 click interface or use the hugely flawed objects as verbs interface I tried in May...

Edit: So far it looks like it'll work.

imsomnia212

Here is a screenshot of something that I making for this MAGS:

A gif of the animated portal:

Are u a tuna?

Danvzare

Whoa, you're probably going to win for art alone. 8-0
Here's hoping the gameplay is just as good. :-D

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

imsomnia212:

If that is the start of your entry then you are off to a good start... Keep it up, we expect great things from you...(nod)

And games are more than just a pretty face ;)

Though will it make July's MAG competition deadline on time?

Mandle

Did a slight bit of work on my pixelart background just to keep me active and interested in my game...

I'm determined with this game to draw all assets myself from scratch... So, a full release could take some time...

The story has advanced in my mind though and has gone into interesting territory...

VampireWombat

Well, hopefully you'll at least get some kind of release for the deadline. But it's nice to hear that the story has advanced and gone into interesting territory.

I have nothing finished on my game yet. I have kind of figured out a puzzle, but there's still a few elements missing.
I've mostly figured out the art style for the main character. Hopefully I'll get that done today or tomorrow.
Whether I end up using the "verb coin" or not depends on if any of the puzzles I come up with would be worth using it or not.

Slasher

Mandle: I admire you wanting to draw all the assets yourself from scratch... MAG or not you are no doubt putting your heart and soul into it (nod)

VampireWombat: As long as it's bug free and playable bring it on... I generally figure out the implementation of verbs at the start of any game... But good luck (nod)

imsomnia212

Slasher: Is just a screenshot of a part of the game, not the start. I want to show something, just that.
Are u a tuna?

Slasher

Quote from: imsomnia212 on Thu 26/07/2018 21:29:55
Slasher: Is just a screenshot of a part of the game, not the start. I want to show something, just that.
I actually meant the first thing you show us..not start of game ;)

Good luck with the project.

Mandle

Just had a fun 2 hours working on a new building's graphics... Still half-done but could turn out well...

+0.5% project completed

Buckethead

My game is done:
AGS database link

The game turned out quite short but I'm glad I've set a goal for my self and followed through. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know if there are any issues.

Slasher

Looks like you left Debug enabled...

Text Warning appears in folder.

It seems you have a cutscene that stops (if you press a key) before you know what player needs. Perhaps get rid of cutscene command?

'Harmful' to 'Helpful' perhaps when items used on yourself?

Needs bigger transport area when going to animal as sometimes does not transport..

Dialog options.. If you have coin then dialog option about coin should not be there.

Hope this is helpful?

Really nice graphics and animations..

Spoiler question
Spoiler

Can you have more than 3 items as the 3 I have will not go into caudron?
[close]

Buckethead

Thanks for the feedback Slasher. Whoops forgot about debug mode, I'll remove that. You are right about the cutscene cutting the off the objective if you skip it. I'll try to find a nice solution for that.

To answer you question:
Spoiler

This is the result of how I programmed this. You can't actually put any items in the cauldron. When you have all the needed items, the final cutscene plays. This might be confusing so maybe I'll change it.
[close]

Slasher

spoiler
Spoiler
Having just your own hair at the end ("That will have to do.") does not start end cutscene..
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk