MAGS July “Shocking” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sun 01/07/2018 00:02:16

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS July?

Stories of the unexpected: 'Until further notice'
1 (5.6%)
The Lightning Spell
4 (22.2%)
Welcome to Nod River
2 (11.1%)
The Shaft
10 (55.6%)
Pizza Calls
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: Thu 16/08/2018 00:10:17

Buckethead

Spoiler
You still need hair from an animal (deer)
[close]

Slasher

Spoiler

Food patch could do with being a big bigger in my opinion.
[close]

Anyhow, completed the game.

The graphics definitely lift the game up a couple of notches (nod)

More when voting starts....

Buckethead

New version is up:
Same link as before

Changes:
- Debug mode removed.
- Objective of the game is now more clear.
- Objective is now made clear, even if you skip the intro.
- One hotspot is now bigger so you should more easily see it when hovering over it.
- Credits now exits to the main menu.
- Credits now include SSH for the Credits module.
- Credits are now skip-able.

There are some other small issues I might fix but that's for later.

Slasher

Hi

the game seems to play better..

But
Spoiler

Wizard says about 'human' hair even if you don't have any at the end, only deer hair..
'To the Forrest' needs to stretch to edge of right border..
[close]

Buckethead

Whoops! :embarrassed:
Spoiler
Made a typo on the final check to see if you have all the items. I'll fix this soon.
[close]

Should be fixed now.

Slasher

Hope I have been of help in getting your game better..(nod)

VampireWombat

Urg... I need a name for my game.
I plan to do most of the programming today and maybe add music.

Kastchey

I might have something too. I was working on an entry since early July, but didn't want to announce until I was relatively sure I have a chance to finish it.

It's still missing intro and credits, it could use a few extra animations and the walkcycles are abysmal, but the playable part is done.

slumber

i was really going to put together a simple quick game but the graphics proved to be much more work than i could get done in time. :~( i will try to finish it though, even past deadline. at least i know what to start with next time...

VampireWombat

Kastchey - As long as there are walkcycles, I doubt anyone will complain too much at this point. Any other animations are nice, but never expected from MAGS games. But hopefully you can at least get the intro and credits done enough to submit your game tomorrow.

slumber - Shame. Can you possibly use filler graphics or something? This month allows for pre-made assets. Depending on your needs, I'd even be willing to offer a little help.

Slasher

Only got til tomorrow night guys.. Time to move up a notch or two...(nod)

VampireWombat

If I have to, I can easily complete any backgrounds I don't have made today in an hour or so tomorrow. I've given up on trying to make any surreal backgrounds since I just don't have the creativity this summer.
Really, the hardest thing I have to do is figure out what to have a poker game with...
But if I have to, I'll just combine 2 or 3 things together to create something. I'm in no way worried or stressed about not finishing.
Tomorrow on the other hand...

slumber

@VampireWombat: thanks for the offer but theres too much work to be done in 2 days. i got the backgrounds finished but need the walk cycles and a few other animations which seems harder than i thought :) cant really use filler graphics as i had this alien/space theme in mind... honestly i was counting on help from a friend who does graphics but it did not work out all that well this month. hopefully next time. anyway as i said i will finish it, just not in time for the competition.

edit: and i completely forgot about music or sounds (roll)

VampireWombat

Well, good luck. If you need help with animation, I'd be willing to give it a try. Spriter 2 is supposed to come out next month, so I'll be trying to learn how to use it anyway. At the least I'm willing to share and tweak any animations I'm doing for this month.

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Mon 30/07/2018 17:29:57
Only got til tomorrow night guys.. Time to move up a notch or two...(nod)

* Mandle moves up from notch -4 to notch -2...

Okay, should be sweet now.

Yeah, I was counting on Monday/Tuesday to get at least an intro/demo done but my wife is still off work with back issues and so that's not happening.

The irony is that after tomorrow I have a few weeks off work and she should be fine by then too.

I will probably try to complete this game to be potentially included in the upcoming bake-sale.

VampireWombat

Well, that sucks.

I'm not even sure what notch I'm working at. Less than 11 hours to go. Hopefully a cell phone battery is enough energy to count for the theme.

Sadly, the starting room will be the only one with any form of creativity put into it.

Retro Wolf

I was being a little naïve when I entered, I entered too late and it's been so long I'd forgotten how much work is involved. I'm confident that the project will get completed eventually though! Good luck to the rest of the entrants.

Mandle

I'm just going to put the intro to the game in as my entry in case I get hit by a truck before it's finished:

WELCOME TO NOD RIVER

DOWNLOAD HERE

Kastchey

I have managed to finish mine. The biggest challenge in the end turned out to be uploading the game, because I'm on holiday and my laptop's not picking up wi-fi...
Please let me know if the download link below doesn't work. I'll try to update later with a screenshot.

The Shaft

DOWNLOAD LINK

Sgt. Reed has been tasked with descending into an abandoned underground facility, activating the power generator and opening the main entrance. But things did not exactly work as planned...

Edit: Updated with bugfixes and couple more tweaks (thanks Mandle!)
Edit 2: Updated with critical bug fix upon Stupot's approval (save/load game issue)

VampireWombat

Mandle - Try not walking in the middle of the road?

Kastchey - The link seems to be fine to me. I'll have to check later if the game uploaded completely and is playable.

It's highly unlikely for me to upload mine within the next 4 hours. I'll try to not have it literally last minute like last time, though...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk