What do you think of my 3d model?

Started by BayleeW, Mon 02/07/2018 20:03:15

Previous topic - Next topic

BayleeW

Hello,

I've been lurking around for a while  I made this 3d model, 100 percent mines. Clothes hair body etc, made in Blender. And decided to do cel shading since I can't paint worth poop and I'm not the best at creating skin textures from photos either. Inspired by Marius Oberholster, his videos are very helpful.

Anyway I was wondering what you guys think? She's not rigged yet, and I'll be adding animations later making a basic walk cycle. Thanks for taking time out your day to reply to a nobody like me...I appreciate any opinions or what I can improve.

Here a topology picture too.

Cassiebsg

Looks good. :)
Don't know if you going for a flat effect, but I think the face, non-existing nose and arms could use a bit of shading to give the illusion of roundness. That is, if you don't want her to look like a piece of iron flat paper. I can see the hair is sticking through the shoulder mesh, that looks odd. Other than that the scarf might help getting a subsurf modifier, as it's kind of sharp and edgy.

And welcome to the forum. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

VampireWombat

The eyes kind of bug me since she generally has an anime/manga style. They're just too small to fit that style.
If you don't want an anime/manga style, then make her chin a little less pointy.
And her hair looks and hangs like wet egg noodles. I suggest at least giving a bit more life to it or changing the shape or something.

KQ4 Fan

Hello! Your model base looks great. However some critique. The hair and outfit as well as her face need much more texturing, to show a more realistic effect. Right now instead of looking 3D it is looking like the dress and hair were made in paint, and the face and head were made in a 3D program.
The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
                                                  Psalm 119:130

ManicMatt

Shows potential! Her arms need shortening, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that! :-\

VampireWombat

Now that the arms have been brought up, I'm also noticing how triangular her clothing is.
The longer I look at the top image, the more alien and unnatural she feels. I think it's the uncanny valley. She's close to looking like anime style, but there are enough subtle differences to make my mind scream.
I also want to say that her breasts are a little too low for their size, but I can't be sure at this point. I just know that they feel off to me

BayleeW

Thank you to those that repl
Quote from: VampireWombat on Tue 03/07/2018 12:15:34
Now that the arms have been brought up, I'm also noticing how triangular her clothing is.
The longer I look at the top image, the more alien and unnatural she feels. I think it's the uncanny valley. She's close to looking like anime style, but there are enough subtle differences to make my mind scream.
I also want to say that her breasts are a little too low for their size, but I can't be sure at this point. I just know that they feel off to me

Thank you for reply, I'll remodel her and do more studying  right away.

BayleeW

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 02/07/2018 20:13:51
The eyes kind of bug me since she generally has an anime/manga style. They're just too small to fit that style.
If you don't want an anime/manga style, then make her chin a little less pointy.
And her hair looks and hangs like wet egg noodles. I suggest at least giving a bit more life to it or changing the shape or something.

Haha, okay I'm not really sure what I'm going for I've tired doing anime before but I'm terrible at it. I'll make her chin smaller and I'll redo the hair. These comments are very helpful thank you

BayleeW

Thank you to all that replied I will keep all of your critism in mind when I remodel her. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk