Assassin In The Palace (ROUND #1 GAME OVER)

Started by Mandle, Mon 09/07/2018 17:23:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

ASSASSIN IN THE PALACE

ROUND: 1

PLAYERS:

(In order of sign-up)

Dayowlron  (ALIVE)
Stupot     (ALIVE)
Selmiak    (ALIVE)
Josiah1221 (ALIVE)
Sinusoid   (ALIVE)

TURN: 1

PHASE: ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT!!!

Mandle

As everyone closes in on him, Josiah1221 whips out a mini-crossbow from under his mantle loaded with a single bolt dripping with poison.

He levels it at...

Stupot!!!

The bolt flies true and strikes down Stupot, who was...DUN-DUN-DUUUUN...

Spoiler
A humble Guard.

Josiah1221 is quickly lynched!

Stupot lies dying... King Selmiak rushes to his side and, as the light of life fades from Stupot's eyes, knights him a true hero of the realm!

The King and the Guards have won the round!
[close]

Mandle

A bit of an uneventful first round. This is to be expected with new players to the genre, and in a polite environment like the AGS forums where people don't really want to put pressure on and/or deceive others.

I might have also slipped up a tad with choosing a very pure Mafia/Werewolf version of the game that is suited better to more experienced players.

Spoiler
Usually in Assassin In The Palace guards and the king make some moves to call out the assassin like asking everyone who they think should be lynched. The assassin will never want to be first to reply as they might choose the king by accident. But they are often quick to jump on the bandwagon once voting begins. There was some of this kind of diversion tactics used this round I noticed. Dayowlron called out Selmiak as a lynch candidate. Very clever move which could have backfired on him and gotten him lynched. This might have even saved the King from the poison bolt. I guess what sealed Josiah1221's fate was that he made it a bit too obvious that he didn't know who the King was. Only the Assassin doesn't know who the King is. So yeah...
[close]

I thought the stripped-down version of the game would be better but it turned out that it was just a bit too pure and new players didn't know how to proceed.

I think I will just open an actual Mafia/Werewolf game with scum-hunting roles, night phases, and everything else that goes along with it.

Probably a lot more fun than this outing...

Sinusoid

And the Assassin knew the name of the King.
(c) Books of CHZO

Mandle

I'm curious about what Stupot's "Jetsons" post meant...

"Jane, get me off this crazy thing?!"

dayowlron

By me calling out Selmiak I figured even if they lynch me whoever was the assassin would have seen it and eliminated him as the potential king and shot somewhere else even if i died first. Might not work a second time though.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Quote from: dayowlron on Sun 15/07/2018 00:17:21
By me calling out Selmiak I figured even if they lynch me whoever was the assassin would have seen it and eliminated him as the potential king and shot somewhere else even if i died first. Might not work a second time though.

That's exactly the kind of mind-tricks that make this game fun! Can't wait to see what you pull off in the full Werewolf game!

Stupot

I also hope my ‘no member of the royal guard would pretend to forget the gender of our monarch' might have helped trick the assassin into thinking that I was the monarch and had been upset by Josiah's comment. By this point I was already 90% sure he was the assassin and was happy to take a bullet for the cause.

The Jetsons thing was just me being silly. It had no relevance whatsoever other than maybe creating a cloud of confusion.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 15/07/2018 05:25:16
I also hope my ‘no member of the royal guard would pretend to forget the gender of our monarch' might have helped trick the assassin into thinking that I was the monarch and had been upset by Josiah's comment.

Hehe... I heard he actually had "selmiak" typed in but changed to you at the last minute so you might be right!

selmiak

thanks my trusty guards, thanks for taking that arrow for me stu :D

josiah1221

I knew I was doomed from the get go, so I just started saying silly stuff.

Yes, I originally had typed out selmiak and was about to send it and then changed my mind at the last second to Stupot because of his clever comment that made me second guess myself ;)

selmiak

what made you think I'm the king in the first place? What gave it away?

@Mandle: Can we please have a new thread for every round, otherwise it gets confusing when you look up older posts of that round and get back to the previous round.

Mandle

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 16/07/2018 08:54:48
what made you think I'm the king in the first place? What gave it away?

@Mandle: Can we please have a new thread for every round, otherwise it gets confusing when you look up older posts of that round and get back to the previous round.

Yeah. I'm actually just going to run the full Werewolf game for now and maybe come back to this purer version in the future... But, duely noted!

josiah1221

Selmiak, I had no idea who the king was, you were just my random choice, but Stupot messed with my head and made me think it was him.

Stupot

selmiak

Being the king is no fun, you know the majority is on your side but you don't know who it is. I was a bit paranoid and suspected everyone, except a few exceptions. It was clear that we have to lynch someone but I didn't want to be the first to lynch someone...

dayowlron

Well I know you didn't know who anyone was but we only knew you were the king. We just got lucky to pick the assassin on the first round.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Sounds like players are getting in the correct mindset of paranoia for the main Werewolf game!

Eeeeeceeeelleeent!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk