Commissar's Contrapasso

Started by Blondbraid, Tue 10/07/2018 18:40:52

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 11/07/2018 15:56:41
Selmiak - Thanks for pointing out the typo!
As for your question, I've started a Hints and tips thread and will post the answer there.
wohah, I feel stupid now for not getting the clue :P

anyways, I finished it and recorded a smooth longplay/walkthrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYJEJCyfPE

Cassiebsg

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 11/07/2018 11:54:48
Now, here's where I get a little bit critical:
Spoiler

(...)

At the point fixing the truck engine I got a bit excited that I might have to figure out a puzzle but it was just a joke solution.

(...)

(The grenade inside the Russian doll puzzle was nice but was solved by mashing after dying many times).

(...)

(a hesitant kiss might have been nice).

[close]

Thought I would reply to these bits, more as player feedback than anything else. ;)
Spoiler

1) I also thought, that for a change there I was going to solve a real clever puzzle... And then I got to the truck, open the door and took the "item" (I was looking for items to repair the motor)... I continued exploring, and checked afterwards the motor. Thought it would have been nice if his comments about the parts inside reflected the fact that I had already solved the "puzzle"... something like "It's a metal part that I have no idea how it works, but since I already found the problem I don't need to know."...

2) I died once. But the fact that I followed the WIP thread so close, kind of solved the puzzle for me, as I remembered the rolling doll cutscene... (roll)

3) I don't think a kiss would have been appropriate, as Victor didn't seem to be gay to me. He has a wife and kid on the way. A kiss at that time could have felt to him as "sexual harassment" and would have been definitely awkward.
[close]

And now a few comments that come to mind:
Spoiler

Moment of despair: Captured by the Germans, when I realized I would have to start the entire scene from the start after Victor used the gun... Why not just place the checkpoint at that scene, instead of forcing the player to to all the dialogue again? I ended up dying a couple more times, cause I was fast clicking through the dialogue and clicked on the wrong option.

I'll get back, as my kid has now completely broken my concentration... >:(
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Shadow1000, Thank you so much, I'm happy that you liked the game!

selmiak, Thanks for making a video of my game, I really appreciate it!

Cassiebsg, I'll admit that the card scene in the trailer doesn't show up in the game, I just added it as I wanted to have a closeup of the commissar as well as referencing my previous games. I hope you're not too disappointed in the lack of card stacking!
As for your feedback, I'm really glad that you liked the game, though sorry if I kind of spoiled the puzzle for you! :)

Tabata

... another entertaining game - YAY! :cool:
I had fun playing it and enjoyed the grafics/animations and puzzles a lot. (nod)

That especially includes the already mentioned ones with the truck and the doll.
For me it has been refreshing to see a puzzle been solved in a different or (at least for me) new way.

Great job!

Creamy

Finished ;-D

The game works perfectly. It's fast-paced with lots of locations and a low difficulty.

Also, I think you broke the record of dead bodies in an adventure game.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 14/07/2018 09:39:06
... another entertaining game - YAY! :cool:
I had fun playing it and enjoyed the grafics/animations and puzzles a lot. (nod)

That especially includes the already mentioned ones with the truck and the doll.
For me it has been refreshing to see a puzzle been solved in a different or (at least for me) new way.

Great job!
Thank you, I'm glad that you liked the truck puzzle!
Quote from: Creamy on Sun 22/07/2018 23:14:03

Finished ;-D

The game works perfectly. It's fast-paced with lots of locations and a low difficulty.

Also, I think you broke the record of dead bodies in an adventure game.
Thank you so much, although I'm sure there has to be some adventure game with a higher body count considering the number of murder-mysteries in the genre.

In other news, I have asked imsomnia212 and Peter Bear to translate the game into Spanish and French respectively, so with a little luck and their hard work the game can have two new languages in the near future!

KyriakosCH

Well done for completing the project! 8-) 8-) 8-)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Blondbraid

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Tue 24/07/2018 10:25:16
Well done for completing the project! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Thank you, I hope you'll like the game! :)

Blondbraid

My game have gotten a written review at Tasta!
Here is a link to read it!

And please don't forget to add a rating on the AGS page if you've played the game! :)

Cassiebsg

Cool review. (nod)
Maybe you should point her to play your other games in the "series". ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

The ending of the Blackadder series is one of the pinacle moments in television history!

Who would have thought that such a farcical show could end in that way?

I can see now how it influenced your story-telling, having played your games.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 01/08/2018 17:42:09
Cool review. (nod)
Maybe you should point her to play your other games in the "series". ;)
Good idea!
Quote from: Mandle on Wed 01/08/2018 18:29:35
The ending of the Blackadder series is one of the pinacle moments in television history!

Who would have thought that such a farcical show could end in that way?

I can see now how it influenced your story-telling, having played your games.
Yes, there are very few stories out there that successfully mixes comedy and seriousness, and even fewer stories about war that does that. That's why I think this is probably the most powerful moment in any warmovie ever made,
because the sudden and immediate shift of tone between soldiers happily singing as they march and the reality of war still feel like a punch in the guts every time I watch it.

madopolis

I honestly downloaded because I love the song Der Commissar, and kind of that era of history, and I must say, I love the game. It's hilarious, the cut-scenes are great, it gets slightly glitchy sometimes, but over-all, you've made a great game!  :-D
I can't wait to finish it, and it's even inspiring me to finish my AGS project.
*working on my first*

Blondbraid

Quote from: madopolis on Tue 28/08/2018 20:23:26
I honestly downloaded because I love the song Der Commissar, and kind of that era of history, and I must say, I love the game. It's hilarious, the cut-scenes are great, it gets slightly glitchy sometimes, but over-all, you've made a great game!  :-D
I can't wait to finish it, and it's even inspiring me to finish my AGS project.
Funnily enough, I've never heard about that song before, where is it from?
Anyway, I'm very grateful that you like my game and I'm glad it has been an inspiration to you.
Let me know what you think once you've finished it and best of luck with your own project!

Blondbraid

Thanks for the link! That might just be the most 80's thing I've seen today! 8-)

Click'd

Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

Blondbraid

I'm sad to say that it seems my attempts to get the game translated seem to have run out in the sand,
but in an attempt to bring up a more positive note, I have now updated the game to fix a few spelling errors
as well as adding custom icons:

So, what do you guys think?

Blondbraid

Commissar's Contrapasso is now also available on itch.io.
Click here to take a look!

I do hope you all like the custom background I made for the game page!

Blondbraid

My game have just gotten a new review on the Plug/Play blog, so I thought I'd share it here. ;-D
Here's a link to the review!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk