WEREWOLF GAME (GAME OVER & DISCUSSION)

Started by Mandle, Sat 14/07/2018 17:14:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

AGS WEREWOLF
GAME ROUND #1

Werewolves have infiltrated a tiny village!
Can the villagers rid their town of this evil
before they, themselves, are all devoured?

Town Roles:

The players who have Town roles do not know the roles of any other players. They will only be informed by the game host via PM of their own specific randomly-determined Town role.

Any player in the game is welcome to communicate with any other player via any form of outside communication (PM, group chat, IRC, facebook, telephone, facebook, etc.) but Town players should probably think long and deeply before doing so... Your "trusted friend" could be a wolf in cheap clothing!

Villager:
Ability: None
Alignment: Good
Description: A villager is just a normal member of the town. They have no special ability.

Goal: A villager's goal is to help eliminate all Evil alignment players from the town. A villager's only real tool to help do so is their daily vote for who to lynch. A villager wins the game even if killed before this goal is obtained and thus should be willing to sacrifice themself in the place of a more important Good role if such a situation arises.

The Seer:
Ability: Scan another player's role once per night phase.
Description: Possessing psychic powers, the seer may select another player to scan once per night phase. That player's role will become known to the seer. Selection of player and scan result is done via PM with the game host.

Goal: The seer's goal is to help eliminate all evil alignment players from the town. The seer should also seek to keep their role secret from the Evil players for as long as possible as the Evil players will be searching for the seer as their most valuable kill on their path to victory. The seer should be very careful with whom they privately share the intel they have gathered on the Evil players and should probably only publicly reveal their role and this intel in a desperate situation or if the importance of the data outweighs the risk of their own death. The seer wins along with the rest of the town if all Evil players are elimated from the town, even if the seer is already dead by this point.

The Fool:
Ability: None
Alignment: Neutral
Description: The village idiot.

Goal: The fool's goal is to get themself lynched. The fool only wins if they have been lynched. Getting killed in any other way does not count, nor can they win along with the normal town goal of eliminating all Evil players. A win by the fool does not negate any other wins in the round nor does it stop the round from continuing. The fool should try their best to somehow pose as an Evil player to hasten their lynching.

The Bodyguard:
Ability: Guard one player per night phase.
Description: The bodyguard is willing to sacrifice themself to save the life of the one they are guarding. Each night-phase the bodyguard may communicate to the game host via PM the name of the player they are guarding. If the guarded player is selected to be killed that night-phase then the bodyguard will be killed in their place and the guarded player will survive.

Goal: The bodyguard wins along with the rest of the town if all Evil players are eliminated. The bodyguard wins whether still alive at this point or not.

Scum Roles:

The players who have Scum roles all know the identity of all other scum players. This information will be given to them by the game host via PM at the start of the game.

The Scum players are strongly advised to get in touch with each other via any form of outside communication (PM, group chat, IRC, facebook, telephone, facebook, etc.) to organise their team strategy for defeating the Town...

Werewolf:
Ability: Participate in one nightly kill. Knows who all the other werewolves and alpha werewolf are.
Alignment: Evil
Description: Every night the werewolves change from human to wolf. The alpha werewolf decides the target that they will attack and kill.

Goal: The werewolves' goal is to kill all non-werewolf players. In reality this usually means reducing the town population to the point where the good players can no longer maintain a majority or tied vote against them for lynching. All werewolf players win the game at this point whether alive or dead. The werewolves should try their best to appear to be a non-werewolf role by whatever means possible.

Alpha Werewolf:
Ability: Decide on and participate in one nightly kill. Knows who all the other werewolves are.
Alignment: Evil
Description: Every night the werewolves change from human to wolf. The alpha werewolf decides the target that they will attack and kill. This decision is communicated to the game host via PM. If the alpha werewolf is ever killed (or goes inactive) a new alpha is chosen from amongst the remaining werewolves randomly by the game host.

Goal: The werewolves' goal is to kill all non-werewolf players. In reality this usually means reducing the town population to the point where the good players can no longer maintain a majority or tied vote against them for lynching. All werewolf players win the game at this point whether alive or dead. The werewolves should try their best to appear to be a non-werewolf role by whatever means possible.

Current Role Setup:

Villagers: 3
Seer: 1
Fool: 1
Bodyguard: 1

Werewolves: 2
Alpha Werewolf: 1

(This setup will change if more players join before the game begins)

SIGN-UPS ARE STILL OPEN!!!

josiah1221

I'll have another go! (nod)

Privateer Puddin'

Always up for werewolf.

Mandle

Quote from: josiah1221 on Sat 14/07/2018 17:22:55
I'll have another go! (nod)

Awesome! Check back tomorrow for a much prettier intro post!

VampireWombat

As long as it's not a marsupial werewolf, I'm in.

Mandle

Three signups already?! Must remember to wake up tomorrow!

Cassiebsg

Only if I can be a werewolf! ... Or a town peasant! I do not wish to be the king! (wrong)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Sinitrena

Let's hunt some werwolves. Or townspeople. I don't really care. Let's just hunt. I'm in.

dayowlron

Im in, however I wont be available tomorrow(Sunday) so as long as it starts Monday or later, i will give it a go.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 14/07/2018 18:36:50
Only if I can be a werewolf! ... Or a town peasant! I do not wish to be the king! (wrong)

No worries. There's no King role in WW.

Quote from: dayowlron on Sun 15/07/2018 00:22:36
Im in, however I wont be available tomorrow(Sunday) so as long as it starts Monday or later, i will give it a go.

This game should be quite a bit longer than Assassin In The Palace so missing a day here or there shouldn't matter that much.

Stupot

Count me in. I've played this on IRC a handful of times but never really enough to get into the psychology of it.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 15/07/2018 05:27:41
Count me in. I've played this on IRC a handful of times but never really enough to get into the psychology of it.

It's easier when done on the forums with a bit more time to think things through than when you know people are waiting on you or you have a time limit.

There is a fun online version called Town Of Salem but the time limits for turns and actions are too tight for me to really get into it much.

Mandle

I'm going to leave sign-ups open just a little longer. I know that Riaise was interested in playing and 8+ people is ideal for WW games.

selmiak

Mandle

8 people is great! But I'll still leave sign-ups open for about another 24 hours.

10 or so would be ideal!

Riaise

Mandle

Awesome! 9 players so far!

I have updated the first post above to show the available roles and game rules that need to be known at this point.

There is also a setup list showing the number of each role available but this will change if more players sign up.

More detailed playing rules will be posted when the game starts so please refrain from a lot of questions at this point.

SIGN-UPS ARE STILL OPEN!!!

Mandle

Okay, I'm closing the signups and will now be setting up the opening post for the game.

May I please request nobody to post further in this thread until the game itself has started and, even then, only players participating in the game should post.

Mandle

Mandle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk