Anyone Have Contact With AGS Member "Ghost"?

Started by Mandle, Sun 15/07/2018 08:28:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

This is concerning an AGS member who used to be super-active around here and a very talented artist and game dev called Ghost.

I just read that he has deleted his DeviantArt page at some point, which now makes me worried about the dude.

I wasn't hugely close with him but the times when we did talk he was always a super nice guy and very supportive!

Does anyone have contact with him and/or know how he is doing?

Stupot

He's gone awol a couple of times before for quite long stretches but then popped back to say hello. Hopefully he'll float in again at some point.

Retro Wolf

Last logged in Oct 2017.

His last post June 2016:
Quote from: Ghost on Mon 13/06/2016 15:46:02
Crimson, if you can easily update BASS, by all means do so, I would be much oblieged. I'm in some pretty hard times at the moment and have dropped out of the AGS loop almost completely. No idea if, when, and how I could continue.

"Blog removed"
http://ghost100daycomic.blogspot.com/

"Deactivated account"
https://www.deviantart.com/lostcraftghost

These have been out of action at least a year, likely longer. I know this because I checked them myself wondering what happened to the guy.

Doesn't 100% prove he willfully deleted these accounts, but if he did give up on his hobby why go through the trouble? That is worrying to me as he clearly enjoyed it and is very talented.

Stupot

I was just flicking through some of his previous posts to try and find s clue of how to track him down. Instead I found this in a post about Ashen, who similarly vanished before him. In his own words:

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 23/06/2014 10:29:56
He's gone AWOL one day. I still remember him fondly. But well, it happens. Some people leave.

I also note that in his last post he says he was going through hard times. That's worrying.

If you're lurking, hope you're okay, Ghosty.

Darth Mandarb

I only know Ghost through these forums. He left here (quite awhile ago) by choice for personal reasons (which I won't share). Haven't heard from him since but, for what it's worth, the leaving was by choice and I got no sense of anything nefarious or worrisome. Just a fella who was moving on to other things.

Retro Wolf

Mandle

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 16/07/2018 08:43:20
guys, lrn how to stalk:
https://www.deviantart.com/tintengeist
8-)

Cheers for the stalking!

Loving those mermaids and this part especially made me smile:

"When all is said and done, there's always going to be ink in this man's life, and the knowledge that in a bit over a week I'll be putting lots of it on paper, hells.
Always gets me exited."

Radiant

guys, lrn how to stalk:
8-)

Well spotted! Give him my regards, I enjoyed working with him in the past :)

Ghost

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 18/07/2018 11:03:07
guys, lrn how to stalk:
8-)
How... just... how?!? 8-0

Selmiak has the ghostwhispering build in. It's a German thing ;)

Guys, please let me say how touched I was when I found this post by accident. Leaving a community behind that I had been a part of for a long time was odd and weird but seeing that people still care, well. Gee.

I'm fine. I've been through a lot back then but things have turned out to just be a rocky road to a worthy goal. I don't think I'll ever get really back into AGS but that's nothing to do with anyone here, the
community as a whole or the way AGS started to change shape. I have enjoyed my time here and I made a lot friends, some of which I still meet on the interwebs occasionally.
Don'tya worry, the Ghost's out there doing good. If anyone wished to drop me a line, I'm on deviantArt as selmiak already linked, and I am on Steam as lostcraft_ghost if anyone want to make friends with me there.

Have a great time and enjoy the game making!

Mandle

ARGH! A Ghost!!!

Someone call an exorcist!!! :-D

Cassiebsg

No! That would make him disappear again! No exorcist! This is a good Ghost! One that still takes the bother to come and check how his old "gang" is doing, even if he's lost interested in AGS. ;)
Thanks for posting Ghost always happy to know you're okay. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 21/07/2018 11:47:11
No! That would make him disappear again! No exorcist! This is a good Ghost! One that still takes the bother to come and check how his old "gang" is doing, even if he's lost interested in AGS. ;)
Thanks for posting Ghost always happy to know you're okay. (nod)

Dang, you are right... Sorry, I panicked...

SOMEONE CALL THE GHOSTBUSTERS SO WE CAN TRAP HIM IN THE CONTAINMENT GRID!!!

Snarky

Glad you're OK, Ghost, and it's good to have you back even just for a visit. Hope you stick around after all!

Retro Wolf

Slasher

You're like my sons: As long as I hear from them from time to time I'm fine with that.

It's when they don't contact me that worries me.

Anyhow, thanks for calling in (nod)

cat

Good to hear from you again! I wish you all the best and hope you will drop by from time to time :)

Oh, and please fix the link to your DeviantArt account in your AGS profile. The one currently linked is down, which probably made people worry even more.

PS: Gotta love those mermaids!

Radiant

Ghost

Quote from: cat on Sun 22/07/2018 08:26:52
Oh, and please fix the link to your DeviantArt account in your AGS profile!

Done, cat, and glad you like them fishy ladies!
Argh. And now AGS lost my profile pic?
Gotta reupload that again too? Aaaaaah :panic:

Pretty funny actually, I found this here thread because I came here to download AGS again, just to see what had happened to the old toolbox. Seems to be in good shape too!

So again, carry on guys and gals. Off to work now... spread some pixel art and fancy coding around for me :nod:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk