Deadly Sunsets

Started by doimus, Mon 16/01/2012 16:33:56

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Absolutely splendid art design! Bravo!

arj0n

Just WOW Duje, love the detailed style!
Your screenshots give me a bit of a Agatha Christie feeling ;)

Snarky

Hard-boiled P.I.'s, tough dames, run-down city blocks and a Pacific, West Coast setting reminds you of Agatha Christie?

arj0n

No, especially the last screenshot gave me that feeling...

Tramponline

Stunning artwork, doimus!!
I love where your are going with this, good sir.
Especially in combination with your setting (Snarky summed it up
real nice!). I'm sold!

Should you be in need of beta-testers, send me a
PM! Anytime! I literally do NOT care how long from now that
will be! :cheesy:

Matti

This looks great, nice work!

cianty

Wow.. beautiful artwork there. I really like that style. Can't wait!
ca. 70% completed

Mati256

Just awesome! Can't wait to play it!
Please keep us updated.
My Blog! (En Español)

Eric

Duje -- This game looks lovely, and I'm back-burnering a noirish P.I. game I've been working on simply because it looks like yours would blow mine out of the proverbial water!

In what style and medium of music are you interested for the game?

Adder

Duje, it's looking great so far.  The more up-to-date backgrounds are very evocative. Funnily enough I also kinda like the place holders - there's something of a kind of old fashioned virtual reality feel happening in them. ;)

Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing this progress.

doimus

Thanks everybody for feedback! It's extremely motivational, thanks again!

Quote from: Arj0n on Wed 27/06/2012 11:56:20
Your screenshots give me a bit of a Agatha Christie feeling ;)

Well, this sent me on a introspective brainstorming. As others said, there should be zero A.C. in there, BUT!, as a kid I was heavily influenced by British crime TV series. Poirot, Sherlock Holmes & others. So, probably some of that came through when designing characters, their backstories and motives. Examining them now, there might be something, uhm... agathachristian about them.
But with heavy dose of post-war consumerism and brutal capitalism of an emerging world-power, of course. It's all about greed and money, you see.

Quote from: Eric on Thu 28/06/2012 06:53:52
In what style and medium of music are you interested for the game?

Great question, and one I've been procrastinating the most about. Music is currently 0% completed and I mainly know what kind of music I DON'T want. And that's period-correct but genre unfit big-band and upbeat jazz music. None of that.

What I think noir soundtrack should sound like is atmospheric, non-intrusive, ambiental style. Period correct instruments should be present, but I wouldn't mind synths as well. Yeah, I know - Blade Runner, Vangelis - but that music is timeless and sounds as good as it did in 1980-something. And it fits so good in adventure/rpg gameplay.

And it all should have the nostalgic effect of iMuse on SoundBlaster 2.0 in 1992, only better! :D

Quote from: Adder on Thu 28/06/2012 11:28:39
Duje, it's looking great so far.  The more up-to-date backgrounds are very evocative. Funnily enough I also kinda like the place holders - there's something of a kind of old fashioned virtual reality feel happening in them. ;)

That's what I say! What one might see as 21st century crappy pixel art, someone other might see as beautiful image of the future! In 1982 that is. It's always that damned time-space continuum! Meh.

Vince Twelve

Wow.  This looks amazing!  If the quality of the story matches the quality of those graphics, this should be a killer game!  Keeping an eye on this one.

Kweepa

When is Wadjet Eye publishing this?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

EchosofNezhyt

http://indiegames.com/2012/06/screenshots_for_the_deadly_sun.html

I've never been a fan of these types of settings (I also don't like space stuff, Haha save the hate messages for my inbox.)
All jokes aside, The art alone has me interested and it seems to be shaping up nicely, The indoor backgrounds look especially awesome.
Goodluck!

JSH

Wow, how could I have missed this? Looks great, love the art and the setting! Keeping an eye on this for sure.

sawyer

Matti

Sawyer, it's a game in production and it was last updated in 2012, so..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk