Commissar's Contrapasso - still looking for Spanish and German translators

Started by Blondbraid, Sun 22/07/2018 06:45:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Hi, recently released the game Commissar's Contrapasso, a dialogue-heavy adventure game set in WW2,
and I'd like to have the game reach a broader audience by having it translated in several languages, with French and German being my top priority.

Click'd

How heavy exactly? How much text are we talking about?

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cl... on Sun 22/07/2018 09:18:48
How heavy exactly? How much text are we talking about?
It's a lot of text, I'd guess about 26 pages and around 14 050 words. If you want to take on the translation, which language do you want to translate the game into?

Also, I'm currently using this font, please let me know if there are any language-specific letters not present in the font that would be necessary.

Click'd

I speak German but I doubt I'd do a good job. But yes, at least for German all necessary letters are present in that font.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cl... on Sun 22/07/2018 11:13:41
I speak German but I doubt I'd do a good job. But yes, at least for German all necessary letters are present in that font.
That's good to hear!
I'm sure that if you speak German as your native language it will be good enough for this game, and you can always ask someone else to proof-read the script if you are unsure.
Are you still interested in translating the game?

imsomnia212

I don't know if you want but maybe I can help with a spanish translation. Let me know ir you want.
Are u a tuna?

Blondbraid

Quote from: imsomnia212 on Sun 22/07/2018 12:04:15
I don't know if you want but maybe I can help with a spanish translation. Let me know ir you want.
Sure, a Spanish translation would be great. Have you looked at the font in the link, is there any necessary letters missing?
Otherwise, I'd be grateful for your help.

Peter Bear

Hi everyone,

I'm a french native speaker and bilingual in english. If you may.
+ already worked on some ags games translations here.

So let me know, I can have some spare time to help you now.

Hi to the community, haven't been there in years :D
Not much time for gaming neither creating, but keeping an eye on everything :)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Peter Bear on Sun 22/07/2018 12:44:51
Hi everyone,

I'm a french native speaker and bilingual in english. If you may.
+ already worked on some ags games translations here.

So let me know, I can have some spare time to help you now.

Hi to the community, haven't been there in years :D
That's great to hear!

Click'd

No, sorry. Won't be able to help you.

Blondbraid

Blondbraid

Since insomnia212 recently told me he didn't have time to translate, I'm asking if any other AGSer want to translate the game into Spanish.
I'm also still looking for anyone willing to translate the game into German.

javixblack

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sat 04/08/2018 10:20:28
Since insomnia212 recently told me he didn't have time to translate, I'm asking if any other AGSer want to translate the game into Spanish.
I'm also still looking for anyone willing to translate the game into German.

After all this time, did you get the translators in the different languages? (I'm spanish speaker, but it's truly extensive to me 14 thousands words. Plus I probably need to use google translate to get a more accurate meaning of the phrases)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk