About the Slenderman movie...

Started by KyriakosCH, Sun 12/08/2018 15:39:15

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySy8mcceTno

Anyone else seen it?
I think it could hardly be any worse :)
Ok, they should have made a Slenderman film years ago, but that isn't all that doomed this movie. It has nothing interesting, and presents the most ridiculous plot in regards to how the teens got into contact with Slenderman (an online video).

GG Slenderman :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Mandle

I think the only logical way to make an effective Slenderman movie this far later after the peak of popularity of the Creepypasta would have been to base it on the real-life case of those girls who thought it was real and tried to sacrifice their friend out in the woods to summon him. The girl survived being stabbed by her "friends" and the other girls are under hopefully careful care...

Something really interesting could be done with the way a made-up internet legend crossed over into a real-life horror story...

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 12/08/2018 16:25:08
I think the only logical way to make an effective Slenderman movie this far later after the peak of popularity of the Creepypasta would have been to base it on the real-life case of those girls who thought it was real and tried to sacrifice their friend out in the woods to summon him. The girl survived being stabbed by her "friends" and the other girls are under hopefully careful care...

Something really interesting could be done with the way a made-up internet legend crossed over into a real-life horror story...

Yes, that was my own idea as well. The real-life story was quite interesting.
This movie isn't := It is a very basic "occult" thriller, which could have had a million different antagonists in the place of Slenderman.

Mandle

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 12/08/2018 16:27:53
It is a very basic "occult" thriller, which could have had a million different antagonists in the place of Slenderman.

Not maybe a bad thing though...

The new generations might not have seen A Nightmare On Elm Street, Candyman, Jeepers Creepers, etc. and a more modern movie might lead them down the right path to discover these older works if they want to see more of the same kind of thing, except better.

This is where repeating an old formula might have some benefits I guess...

KyriakosCH

Maybe... But this particular movie was just bad, imo 8-0

Ok, not that shocking, considering that most horror movies are bad :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk