WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: End-Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Fri 27/07/2018 11:28:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Well, I have been watching and waiting to see if a pattern I was expecting to see appears and it's possible that it has:

As this is the second round of this game I would expect players to have become more devious with how they play and I would expect the wolf team to perhaps try something like one or both of them calling the other out as suspicious in the first Day Phase.

This acts as a kind of insurance policy in the event that one of them is caught the other can say "But look! In round-freakin'-one I called that guy out! Why would I do that if I was on their team?!"

And this might seem a reasonable argument until you consider that round one is the perfect time to make this play if the wolves are going to do so:

Round one has the least real risk of being taken seriously by the Good players as everything is speculation at this point and there is no chance that one of the accusers might be the Seer and have actual knowledge of the accused's role (like Stupot at the end of the last game).

So, in the event that this kind of WW (werewolf) strategy took place this phase, then the players that have called out another so far as suspicious are:

tzachs called out Adeel as being either a WW or the Fool for his possible hardcore lynching attitude.

Josiah subtely placed potential suspicion on VampireWombat and tzachs for not wanting to drink their mojitos.

Now, this is the first phase, so everything is still speculation like I mentioned before.

I actually agree that we should probably not lynch during the first day phase.

But, in case the WWs are making such a move then this information should be considered later on as part of the larger pattern of how everyone acted throughout the game.

Like, just in case it comes down to a vote between two people like it did last game, this kind of stuff should be considered...

On a different note:

Quote from: dayowlron on Tue 31/07/2018 22:25:37
what kind of action do u have in mind?

I would also be very interested in the answer to that question.

Mandle

Oh, one other thing I forgot to say:

If I am killed during this first night phase, which I suspect I probably will be as I might be viewed as an experienced player by the wolves and, therefore, the best one to shut up quickly...

Anyway, if I am killed by the wolves tonight could the Seer please get in touch with me via PM as I would like to be a part of his/her underground group behind the scenes and from beyond the grave even if I can't speak in the thread anymore.

(Of course, one of the wolves could pretend to be the Seer and PM me but I don't really see what good that would do them as I don't know anything yet and won't even have a lynch vote anymore that could be swayed for their benefit. It would kind of be a waste of time for them, plus they wouldn't know if the real Seer had PM'd me or not which would expose them rather quickly if he or she had done so and soon started being proved right about other players' roles.)

Just saying this now in case I don't have a need to post anything further before Night Phase begins.

Adeel

Frankly, Mandle is trying too hard to come across as a good guy. I'm becoming suspicious of him.

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 01/08/2018 05:43:30
Quote from: dayowlron on Tue 31/07/2018 22:25:37
what kind of action do u have in mind?
I would also be very interested in the answer to that question.
Hold a town meeting, establish some sort of communication, and etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

dayowlron

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 01/08/2018 05:43:30
I would expect players to have become more devious with how they play and I would expect the wolf team to perhaps try something like one or both of them calling the other out as suspicious in the first Day Phase.

This acts as a kind of insurance policy in the event that one of them is caught the other can say "But look! In round-freakin'-one I called that guy out! Why would I do that if I was on their team?!"
because of this phrase I am thinking he is not a werewolf otherwise he might have used that strategy on us instead of letting us know. HOWEVER that could be his plan to throw us off the track also.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Quote from: Adeel on Wed 01/08/2018 11:19:17
Frankly, Mandle is trying too hard to come across as a good guy. I'm becoming suspicious of him.

Okay, here's an interesting way to pass the time:

I challenge everyone to post who their top suspect of being a wolf is during each Day Phase.

It's not an official lynch vote, so don't bold it.

Doing a role-call* is still a bit too early to be useful, but the top-suspect call-out strategy can sometimes tip people's hands over time.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

DO NOT post a reason for your choice, only a name!

Mine is:

Stupot.

* A role-call is a strategy often used a bit later in the game where everyone is challenged to reveal their role. Obviously there will be a doubling-up on some claimed roles and these are where the town can concentrate their investigations. It's still too early for that though as the Seer is still too valuable. This is best done when there is only one werewolf left to find.

tzachs

Mandle and Adeel are my two equal suspects currently.

dayowlron

Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

VampireWombat

Pinky and the Brain.

But fine. Adeel and tzachs.

Sinitrena

All day, you wandered aimlessly through the streets. On the market place, you listened to whispers, you spread rumours yourself. Maybe someone will slip up, maybe someone will tell you...

No, it doesn‘t feel right. You stop the thoughts before they fully form. The surreptitious look between your neighbours? That was just a look. The conspiratoral whisper? Just their own panic manifesting in hushed voices and short breath.

And if you whispered yourself to others, who is to say that it means anything?

When you meet the others in the town hall in the afternoon, they seem just as normal as always. They are just your neighbours and friends. You have known them for years, and they have known you just as long. How could it be that one of them is not who he or she pretends to be?

No, you can‘t bring yourself to accuse them. This is an outside threat, maybe even just a random passer-by.

In the light of the day, away from darkness and blood, rumours are just rumours.

Still, the fear follows you into your bed. It brushes past you in a shudder, it wafts through your curtains like a physical being.

Who do you fear? The werwolves at night? Or the next morning when the town will see your work?

Either way, it takes a while before you finally close your eyes, not sure if you will ever open them again.

Lynch votes: none

Nothing happens. At the end of the day, you are all still alive.

Current Role Setup:

1 Seer
1 Fool
1 Guard
3 Villagers
1 Alpha Wolf
1 Wolf

Players:

Stupot: alive
dayowlron: alive
Mandle: alive
Riaise: alive
tzachs: alive
Adeel: alive
josiah1221: alive
VampireWombat: alive

Day Phase is over. Would all people with night abilities please pm me their activities?

The Night Phase will last 24 hours or less, if I recieve all your PMs before and have time to close it earlier. Please remember that the first PM you send me is the one I will use.

No more posting in this thread until the next Day Phase, please.

Current Phase: Night 1

Sinitrena

When you awake in the morning and consciousness and memory slowly return to you, you sigh with relief. It should be obvious: you are alive. Still, you run your hands over your limbs, checking for wounds that aren't there.

You almost start to believe that your town is safe. You almost laugh it off when others suggest to look around town just to make sure everyone else is safe too. Yes, you want to know too. Yes, maybe you did suggest it as well in hushed tones.

So you start your walk through the village, shoulder on shoulder with your neighbours. Furtively, you look to your left, then to your right. Is someone missing? You look into tired eyes of people who slept just as bad as you, you count the people. Someone isn't here.

Spoiler
VampireWombat
[close]
does not walk the streets with you. For a second you think he might be alive, he might be safe, just still asleep because the night felt just as exhausting for him as for you. Then your thoughts change. Maybe he is tired because he is not who he seems to be?

But the thought leaves you in a stifled cry when you reach his home.

It is a disturbing sight. The door is ripped from its hinges, a window is shattered. The body hangs over the ledge, half outside, half in. No, that is not correct. As soon as you enter the house, you realize that there is nothing left to lie on the inside, not really.

You turn away. You study the room he was killed in.

Spoiler
A rifle stands next to the destroyed door, ready to be taken out into town. A map, hand-drawn, crude, lies, half rolled-up on a table between the last remnants of an evening meal and several bottles of spirit, some empty, more still filled with a clear liquid.
[close]

But again and again your eyes drift back to the body, the first victim of this senseless killing. You're fascinated by it, and nauseated. It seems so disturbingly obvious to you, that the werewolves killing him enjoyed and savoured every last bite out of him. Who of you could have done that? Who of you could possibly have killed
Spoiler
the town's guard and protector?
[close]

Maybe, you did it yourself? Do your neighbours look at you with horror because of what they see in the victim's house? Do they look at you like that because they suspect you, be it true or not?

Can you still trust any of them?

The Wolves killed their first victim:
Spoiler
VampireWombat, who was
Spoiler
the guard and the intended target.
[close]
[close]

Current Role Setup:

Spoiler
1 Seer
1 Fool
0 Guards
3 Villagers
1 Alpha Wolf
1 Wolf
[close]

Players:

Spoiler
Stupot: alive
dayowlron: alive
Mandle: alive
Riaise: alive
tzachs: alive
Adeel: alive
josiah1221: alive
VampireWombat: killed by Werewolves in Night 1. Role: Guard
[close]

The deceased player is no longer allowed to post in this thread but may communicate with other players through other means.

With that, the second day starts, which will again last about 2 real life days, ending on 4. August between 5 PM and 8 PM BST.

You know the drill: have fun suspecting, accusing and maybe even lynching your fellow AGSers.

Current Phase: Day 2

tzachs

A minute of silence for our beloved guard :~(

It's obvious that werewolves don't like vampires. Hopefully VampireWombat managed to put up a fight. I imagine that it looked a little bit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI1Yi2AUVAc

Riaise

Poor VampireWombat. :( We should have a toast of wolfsbane mojitos in his honour. Let's all raise a glass to VampireWombat!

tzachs

I'm sticking to my "don't drink & lynch" and we got to lynch somebody today, right?

Also VampireWombat himself, if he was still with us, wouldn't have wanted us to drink and lose our wits in these dire times, so I'm respecting his wishes.

Adeel

It's very unfortunate that we lost someone like VampireWombat who was so valuable to our whole town. May he rest in peace. :(

To ensure that he didn't die in vain, we must absolutely take some action now. And perhaps even take concrete action i.e. lynching, if necessary. Indecision is worse than taking a wrong decision, imho.

josiah1221

This is terrible news, who's going to protect us now? :~( God rest his soul! I'll join in a toast, maybe if he had drank a wolfsbane mojito the wolves wouldn't have attacked.

What should we do? The odds are still against us for lynching, but we can't just let them pick us off one by one.

dayowlron

I do agree with Adeel that no action is worse than a wrong action. It would be nice to get some intel from the seer, especially if the seer found a werewolf. just one lynching of a werewolf would allow the town to survive until the last inhabitants.

Stupot

Ouch. RIP VW my man. It sucks that we haven't got a guard now. And I'm still none the wiser as to who we should lynch.

Mandle

Oh, I'm still alive?! Unexpected.

But, that's quite bad news about VampireWombat: The Guard. For him, and for us.

I was really hoping to be able to confidently say something like this today:

"If the Seer scanned a werewolf last night then they should probably just come out and tell us. That way we can lynch that person today and, if they were, in fact, a werewolf then the Guard can protect the Seer tonight. This will give the Seer at least two more shots at finding another wolf, or finding a trustworthy person which is almost as good. In either case we would be down one wolf and the town's chance of winning would have increased greatly."

But now the seer will only get one more scan if they come forward, and will have to tell all us the intel via PM from beyond the grave.

I think it could maybe still be worth it for the Seer to just come forward if they scanned a wolf. The Seer would then almost certainly die during the next night phase but would still get that last scan in. Only having one wolf left guarentees many more days of safety for the town to try for a successful lynch on their own via basic scum-hunting tactics.

I'm a bit conflicted though. Perhaps numbers aren't getting desperate enough just yet for the Seer to sacrifice themself and they can still tell us their gathered intel via PM if killed at any point.

Either choice could go either way I feel: good eventual outcome or bad eventual outcome, so maybe we leave it just up to the Seer themself to make the choice?

Another choice the Seer has is to try to subtley turn voting in the direction of a wolf, or away from an innocent person, depending on which they scanned last night. This would have to be done very carefully of course or would stick out like a sore thumb and the Seer would be basically outing themself anyway.

What do others think the Seer should do?

ALSO: Usually at this point I would be trying to scum-hunt by looking for people who were quick to call for a lynch to be started, but reluctant to point the first finger and name the first name, except that you guys are all doing that... hehehe. Newer players are impossible to scum-hunt... (laugh)

So, let's discuss what everyone thinks the Seer should do if they spotted a wolf last night for now maybe?

Mandle

Oh, I just realized I just said all that and forgot to add my own opinion:

I think the Seer should wait at least one more Night Phase before coming out (if they found a wolf by that point).

If the Guard were still alive I would say to just come out right now.

I feel that 2 more scans are twice as good as just 1 more scan.

Mandle

Sorry for multiple posts:

Also, if the Seer scanned a wolf this time and scans an innocent player next time then they can use the innocent player as a mouthpiece to get the information out.

Wolf shennanigans at this point are a danger to look out for of course. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk