WEREWOLF GAME 2 (Phase: End-Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Fri 27/07/2018 11:28:16

Previous topic - Next topic

dayowlron

I had thought about what you just said but a werewolf could pretend to be a seer and specify a townsperson as being a werewolf. Then when the real seer saw that he would be able to guess who is a werewolf, but if he suggested the werewolf to be lynched it would appear like the second wolf trying to get the seer lynched so no matter what it is hard to trust anything anyone says on here. its just a shot in the dark with anyone that gets lynched. (make sense?)
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

dayowlron, this is true, especially in games with more people and more wolves it's actually a common strategy.

But would the wolves really risk losing half their team and getting down to the wire of only one left this early in the game?

They might but I'm pretty sure that would end up resulting in a town win even if they managed to get the Seer lynched.

Let's see though...

Mandle

I actually hope they do give it a try!

This game is usually the most fun when we have two players claiming to be the same role! (laugh)

tzachs

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 03/08/2018 01:25:15
Oh, I'm still alive?! Unexpected.
And suspicious.

What do others think the Seer should do?
Well, if she/he scanned a wolf, then maybe she/he should come out, but if no wolf was scanned, definitely should stay hidden.

ALSO: Usually at this point I would be trying to scum-hunt by looking for people who were quick to call for a lynch to be started, but reluctant to point the first finger and name the first name, except that you guys are all doing that... hehehe. Newer players are impossible to scum-hunt... (laugh)
I also find this statement suspicious, like you're trying to play mind tricks on us. hmmmm, what game are you playing at, mister?

This game is usually the most fun when we have two players claiming to be the same role! (laugh)
It's probably time to come forward then. I'm the bodyguard!

Mandle

Quote from: tzachs on Fri 03/08/2018 04:15:19
ALSO: Usually at this point I would be trying to scum-hunt by looking for people who were quick to call for a lynch to be started, but reluctant to point the first finger and name the first name, except that you guys are all doing that... hehehe. Newer players are impossible to scum-hunt... (laugh)
I also find this statement suspicious, like you're trying to play mind tricks on us. hmmmm, what game are you playing at, mister?

Actually I would say the exact same kind of thing whether I'm a Good player really trying to help out, or a werewolf pretending to be a Good player helping out.

If I were a werewolf I wouldn't try to give false pieces of playing advice because they would be spotted as false and I would be busted.

The real strategy in the game isn't so much trying to catch people out by what they say as it is to catch them out by what they do. You'll notice that my comment was about player behavior.

Werewolves want a non-wolf to get lynched every turn and therefore are usually pro-lynching but they don't often want to be the first to start a voting trend. This is because, later on, the town might look back and say "Hey, PlayerX started the vote on 3 players who all turned out not to be werewolves!"

That being said, calling the fact that I wasn't killed "suspicious" is the right way to look at how to figure out patterns of most likely suspects.

So, why wasn't I killed? I don't know. Maybe the wolves thought that would make me look more suspicious and I would get lynched anyway, saving them the trouble? Or maybe they decided I'm probably not the Seer. Or maybe they killed someone who was suspicious of one of them? I'm actually quite curious myself about that but I guess we'll have to wait until the end of the game to find out.

Anyway, over the weekend I have a summer sleepover event at my school with some students and staff so I'm going to be a bit inactive. I will still check in from time to time tomorrow but can't much on Sunday but that will be the Night Phase anyway and I won't have to.

I'm just going to put in my initial lynch vote here but it may well change before the deadline:

Adeel

I don't have an overwhelming suspicion of Adeel. It's just that he was the first to call for "action" which I also assumed meant "a lynch". He also seemed, IMO, to backpeddle a bit when asked what else he meant if he didn't mean lynching.

He said "Hold a town meeting, establish some sort of communication, and etcetera, etcetera, etcetera."

Well, by the gameplay forums structure aren't we already having a meeting automatically? Next: What sort of communication can possibly be established that disallows wolves into it?(except later on with Seer intell) and etc.etc.etc.

It just seemed a bit made-up-on-the-spot in reply to being questioned rather than something he actually had in mind at the time he called for action. So I believe he was actually calling for a lynch on Day Phase One but didn't want to commit to it when pressed, like, start a vote or anything.

He said pretty much the same thing on Day Phase Two, again with no commitment.

Like I said, none of this proves guilt but I'm just going to vote for him now and see how everyone reacts to that.

dayowlron

Not knowing what to do next I will just continue your thought and vote Adeel to be lynched to see what conversation comes up.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Adeel

With those long speeches, you might try to fool others that you're a good guy,  but not me. I still maintain that you're trying way too hard to come across as a good guy.

I was the first to raise my suspicion against you, and you responded by rallying people to vote to lynch me.

I'm not going hesitate any further. My vote is to lynch Mandle.

tzachs

Hmmm, hard decision here, as both of my main suspects are on the line.
I do feel that Adeel "slips" were a little too obvious, making me suspect him as more a fool then a wolf. Not sure, though, I would possibly vote for him if there wasn't a better suspect, but there is.

My vote is for Mandle.

Because I suspect he's both a werewolf and an evil wizard with all of those mind tricks he's playing on us. I mean, saying that the wolves wouldn't want to be the first ones voting and then actually doing the first vote is a classic reverse psychology trick which only an evil wizard can muster.

Riaise

This is so confusing! I must admit, I was also thinking the same as tzachs about Adeel, that he may be the fool rather than a wolf. Although, I was also pretty convinced that VampireWombat was the fool, so my intuition is clearly not that great! (laugh)

I'm not going to vote just yet, I'd like to see what Mandle has to say for himself before I decide.

josiah1221

I'm not really sure what to think of Mandle at this point. Either trying too hard or trying to move the game along and make it more fun or interesting, who knows. Whatever the case, it doesn't make it any clearer to me who he is. Could be the seer trying to tell us who the wolf is without revealing himself. Or could be a wolf trying to play good. Or a villager. Or a fool! I don't want to risk lynching the possible seer or a villager. So I'm gonna go with my original gut instinct. I still feel like VampireWombat was killed for a reason and he was suspicious of 2 people, Adeel and Tzachs. And since we can only reach a majority vote with Mandle and Adeel, for now my vote leans towards Adeel but that may change depending on what happens between now and tomorrow afternoon.

Mandle

Quote from: Riaise on Fri 03/08/2018 15:43:37
I'm not going to vote just yet, I'd like to see what Mandle has to say for himself before I decide.

I don't really have anything to say in my defence. Whatever I say will just be looked on as doublespeak in the minds of those who think I'm already doing that. I'll admit that in an experienced game I wouldn't be talking so much about little points of strategy because long posts are viewed as suspicious.

What I mainly want to say before it's potentially too late is:

If I'm lynched:

If it then turns out (sooner of later) that Adeel is a wolf then tzachs is probably not a wolf as he voted for me right after Adeel and a wolf partner probably wouldn't do that.

A wolf would be more likely to hang back until a bit later.

I would suspect the last or second-last player who voted for me as they were likely to be a wolf hanging back until the bandwagon against me was well underway and looking like a sure thing before jumping on it.

Okay, gotta finish packing for the weekend sleepover and then head off. Hopefully I can get back on at least one more time before Day Phase ends but not sure.

Best of luck all!

Stupot

I'm also torn. But one or two things Mandle has said haven't quite made sense to me if he's Town. Like his implying a few posts ago that the seer might be better off outing himself early even though we have no guard. I admit he knows the strategies and I don't but that could be him trying to use his position as resident expert to trick us into doing things in his favour. Also saying anyone who leaves it late to vote for him is a wolf was a clever move because I'm about to vote for Mandle so if you believe him then I must be a wolf. I'm not.

dayowlron

I dont know about Mandle for sure but a while back he said he was waiting for someone to say something and when they didnt use a good strategy for a wolf then he gave away what would be a good strategy for a wolf, I would have thought that he would have used the strategy rather than presenting it. For that reason I do think that Mandle is Town, however I could be totally wrong and he could have us fooled. I am almost sure from what I see that tzachs or Adeel is a wolf.

Riaise

OK, I'm still not sure but I need to make a move one way or another. I feel like Adeel is slightly more suspicious than Mandle, even though that could be because he's a fool rather than a wolf. I don't feel like Mandle is deliberately trying to be deceiving, although I could be very wrong about that. So, with trepidation, I'm going for Adeel.

josiah1221

I'm gonna stick with my gut and vote Adeel. Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite me in the @SS, literally! I just have a feeling that Mandle is the fool, seems to be trying too hard and is appearing too obvious.

Adeel

Welp, I urge the good folks of the town to reconsider their decision before it is too late! Otherwise, you all are definitely going to regret lynching me, at least the good ones will definitely do.

Sinitrena

You are among the bearers of the body. It feels rushed, a funeral at the same day, just hours after your friend was killed, but you know it is necessary. Later, you realize that this was the last moment before all this was over, that you looked at your neighbours as companions, as friends.

You lay the body to rest, you put a silver chain around its neck. You heard that the victims of werewolves might return, that silver might stop them. It can't hurt, can it?

Before the last shovel of earth has filled the grave, you are at your neighbour's throat. There is screaming, a lot of screaming. Now, the light of day can't stop the rumours anymore.

There are even more accusations. Thinking about it, later, years later, you know that most of them, maybe even all, were unfounded, without any real proof.

But in the heat of the moment, everything gets dragged up, every little injustice, every little quarrel, every presumed slight.

Soon, two camps built, screaming at each other. Two people are accused. Why those two? What evidence do you have to fight for one or the other? They are minor things, but you still support them with every breath and every last drop of blood in your body.

In the end, you decide. Everyone decides. Everyone sides with one group or the other. And one wins. When it becomes clear who the majority supports, the other group steps back.

Together, you and your neighbours drag

Spoiler
Adeel
[close]
to the chopping block. You press his head down, you hold his hands, you bind them, you look for a weapon. Afterwards, you can't tell who did what. Who was the one to strike him dead?

You stand next to the body, relieved, hopeful, disgusted when you realize what you have done.

And then you understand that you have to make sure. You rush to his house, followed by the others. The door is locked but you break it open. You look around, look for anything to tell you more about

Spoiler
Adeel.
[close]

You find
Spoiler
some books and candles, the remnants of a cake and a birthday card, congratulating Adeel to his 1014th birthday. (Happy belated birthday, Adeel.)
[close]

You pause for a moment. The findings are a bit strange but in the end not noteworthy to your current situation.

With horror (or glee?) you realize that you just lynched

Spoiler
an innocent Villager.
[close]

The terror is obvious in all eyes starring into the empty, lonely house. For some, the terror comes from realizing the fate they deserve. Are you among them?

There are isolated voices, both in your head and coming from the other townsfolk, urging you to find the real werewolf, to kill him here and now.

You shudder and turn away. You cannot do it. You leave, return to your home and lock the door. It has to go away somehow, this nightmare has to end. Maybe, when you awake in the morning, if you awake, all this is behind you.

Votes:

Stupot: Mandle
dayowlron: Adeel
Mandle: Adeel
Riaise: Adeel
tzachs: Mandle
Adeel: Mandle
josiah1221: Adeel

The town has decided to lynch
Spoiler
Adeel, who was
Spoiler
a common Villager.
[close]
[close]

Current Role Setup:

Spoiler
1 Seer
1 Fool
0 Guards
2 Villagers
1 Alpha Wolf
1 Wolf
[close]

Players:

Spoiler
Stupot: alive
dayowlron: alive
Mandle: alive
Riaise: alive
tzachs: alive
Adeel: lynched on Day 2. Role: Villager
josiah1221: alive
VampireWombat: killed by Werewolves in Night 1. Role: Guard
[close]

With that, the day ends and Night Phase starts again, lasting about 24 hours. Posting is closed in this thread until the next Day Phase.

The night dwellers may PM me their activities now, if you haven't already. Remember that you are allowed to send them earlier if you wish to.

Current Phase: Night 2

Sinitrena

The smell of burning flesh, of cooking soup, whiffs through your window and wakes you. You realize with horror that you must have left it unlocked. When? When you fell asleep exhausted from a lynching, or later when you returned from some nightly activities? You know, of course, but you do not talk about it, ever.

Tentatively, you close the window and leave the house. Instinct or something more sinister tells you to follow the smell of food being prepared. Many others do too.

You meet them at the entrance of another house that was invaded. You do not even look around before you reach the house. You do not want to know who is on your side and who is missing. Maybe, you already know.

And when you reach the house, you know for sure. There was a fight, but it did not last long. At first

Spoiler
Stupot
[close]
is nowhere to be seen, not even his body. Instead, a copper cauldron stands in the middle of the room, a fire still burning underneath it, the stew inside not entirely eaten.

The bones are left, some vegetables. Two dishes sit on the floor next to the cauldron. With an absurd, horrific fascination you think that the wolves do seem to like a civilized meal.

Other than the cauldron now holding

Spoiler
Stupot stew
[close]
that was not here just yesterday, you see
Spoiler
nothing out of the ordinary.
[close]

The wolves have killed
Spoiler
another innocent villager.
[close]

This time, the shock only lasts a couple of seconds. You know that the wolves are winning, you know that defeat or victory are close.

Accusations start before the fire has burned to ashes.

(I'm sorry, the wolves asked specifically for Stupot stew, I only delivered what was on the menu.)

The Wolves ate
Spoiler
Stupot, who was
Spoiler
a normal Villager.
[close]
[close]

Current Role Setup:

Spoiler
1 Seer
1 Fool
0 Guards
1 Villager
1 Alpha Wolf
1 Wolf
[close]

Players:

Spoiler
Stupot: cooked into a stew by Werewolves in Night 2. Role: Villager
dayowlron: alive
Mandle: alive
Riaise: alive
tzachs: alive
Adeel: lynched on Day 2. Role: Villager
josiah1221: alive
VampireWombat: killed by Werewolves in Night 1. Role: Guard
[close]

Lynching the wrong person in this Day Phase will lead to a win for the Wolves, as will not lynching at all (assuming the Wolves kill someone in the next Night Phase, but I guess this is a foregone conclusion).

You have two days to decide who to kill to save the town, with the Day Phase ending on 7. August between 6 PM and 9 PM BST.

Current Phase: Day 3

Riaise

Firstly, sorry Adeel! I really do regret voting for you now.  :(

Secondly, poor Stupot, what a way to go. (wrong)

OK, so what now? Given that he was one of the main candidates last time, he caused the lynching of an innocent villager  and that Stupot was eaten after voting for him, surely our main suspect is Mandle? Can anyone think of any reason not to vote for him? ???

dayowlron

Sorry to see 2 villagers go, but now we have 3 towns and 2 wolves so in order for the town to win we have to lynch a wolf each day and be accurate about it. if we dont lynch a wolf each of the next 2 nights we lose. Not knowing anything I will enter an initial vote to lynch josiah1221, however I may change that vote.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk