MAGS August "Censorship" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/08/2018 10:19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS August?

Cola Skunkette: A Bit of Cleanup
0 (0%)
The Campaign Of Daphne White
2 (16.7%)
Cyborg Seppuku
9 (75%)
The Man Who Liked Cats
0 (0%)
Vacant Bodies
1 (8.3%)
Fists of Murder
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Mon 17/09/2018 05:06:38

Slasher

Mandle:

The laptop powers up and I can hear the hard disk and the blue light flashes on very occasionally but it does not go into startup...screen black and no signs of life in the monitor and pressing F5/F8 results in nothing.. I'm taking it into a shop today and hope to god there is something they can do or very least run the data onto a disk storage so I can copy setups and files to another computer...Otherwise I'm down the swanie without a paddle :(

Unless it gets fixed / get new computer you won't be seeing very much of me...

Cheers

Les

VampireWombat

Good luck. Hopefully it's something fairly easily fixed.

Kastchey

If it powers up and flashes normally then the first thing I'd do is connect an external display (even a TV would do if you have a matching socket) to see if it's not any part of the built-in display that died, but if you're taking it to a repair shop they will check it for you.

Best of luck getting it sorted!

Slasher

Hi guy,

a bit of good news for a change (laugh)

A man came and diagnosed that my laptop was dead.... But he was able to use the HD to enable the transfer of data to another computer via leads.. At the same time he saw my old Desktop computer. Installed win 7 (from XP) ang got the internet working... Main thing now is allowing permissions by sharing and then its good to go..

Naturally the specs are lower than my laptop and its quite slower, what the hell, it works (nod)

I just need to grab stuff from my old hard drive like ags and we're good to go.. well in theory...

Better still when I get a higher spec laptop..

I may still be in this months MAG competition... sorry guys ;)

Slasher returnsnn(laugh)

VampireWombat

Well, that's some good news at least.
Shame about the death of the laptop, though...
But on the bright side, you can advertise your game as being so controversial that even your own laptop tried censoring it.

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 06/08/2018 17:20:59
But on the bright side, you can advertise your game as being so controversial that even your own laptop tried censoring it.

This is over 9000 level awesomeness!!!

Slasher

Found drivers for graphics card and can now run 3d9.....

I'm 3 days behind and need to re-import some missing images and re-add some scripting so i'll lose another day...

Oh well, such is life (laugh)

The Outer Zone

Wow. A lot has happened in here already. Good to hear your tools are working again Slasher.
I am slowly getting into the engine, so you won't be seeing any in-game screens from me anytime soon..

But my game will probably contain a cyborg who has to censor himself. In graphic ways.

The Outer Zone - Strange narrative games and illustrated books.
http://the-outer-zone.blogspot.com/

VampireWombat

Mandle - Alas, I can't think of any witty response. I just never could get into Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z.

Slasher - Well, at least you didn't lose everything. Hopefully you didn't lose anything too important.

The Outer Zone - That's okay. I'm not sure when there will be any screenshots from mine either.
And a self censoring cyborg? That's definitely not something I've heard of before.

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Tue 07/08/2018 12:22:27
Mandle - Alas, I can't think of any witty response. I just never could get into Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z.

Oh, neither could I. I pretty much dislike all anime that has a bunch of dialog screaming followed by characters throwing insane attacks at each other followed by more dialog screaming. I only know that reference from internet memes.

VampireWombat

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 07/08/2018 13:51:14
Oh, neither could I. I pretty much dislike all anime that has a bunch of dialog screaming followed by characters throwing insane attacks at each other followed by more dialog screaming. I only know that reference from internet memes.
I don't feel so bad then.
Alas, I can't think of anything else witty from any other anime. Though it is making me wonder what anime I could watch/re-watch to give me more ideas for my game. Chobits is possible, but most of it is kind of fluff. Guess I'll just stick with Armitage III and Murder Princess for now.

DBoyWheeler

Blondbeard and I are working on our entry.  Got the rooms mostly ready (just need to eventually work on some of the objects therein--but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it).  Right now we're taking care of character sprites.

Mandle

Actually the whole thing about not liking anime and living in Japan sometimes gets a bit of a pain when I'm back home in Australia.

Sometimes random people ask me where I'm from, as I have mostly lost my Australian accent (I can still do it on purpose like when talking to family so they don't think I'm too weird but mostly don't bother). I tell them I'm from here but have been living in Japan for a long time.

Often that person turns out to be an anime fan (anime is big in Australia) and asks me "Oh! What's happening in One Piece over there?!", knowing that Japan is several seasons ahead. When I answer "Sorry, I don't really watch anime much." they often look at me like I'm crazy or have just insulted them or something.

(laugh)

Slasher

Hari-kari (laugh)

Meanwhile, whilst I have my game up and running on my Desktop computer I'm going to have to transfer it all to my new laptop, when I get it today. I just hope that that is successful (nod)

VampireWombat

Mandle - Yeah, I can see how that would be a pain...
I never had to worry about anime one way or another. I don't think I ever even heard the term until high school. And up until then the only thing I had heard it called was Japanimation. And I didn't know anyone locally who even liked anime until the first con here in 2012. But I've always been a scifi nerd first.

Slasher- Glad to hear things are working. That means you're going ahead and getting the laptop you mentioned?

As for me, I'm hoping to have a generic walk cycle finished in the next couple of days. This time I'm going to do at least half the work in Gimp.

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 08/08/2018 06:09:16
Hari-kari (laugh)

Hara-kiri actually. :P (direct translation: "Stomach-Cut")

The Outer Zone

It's funny you guys mentioning Hara-kiri..

My game is named Cyborg Seppuku 8-0
The Outer Zone - Strange narrative games and illustrated books.
http://the-outer-zone.blogspot.com/

Slasher

Hi,

so far I have completed quest one:

Pensioners Jim and Bert have to infiltrate the paper recycling plant and take back banned nudie mags that were part of politician Daphne White's censorship policies....

Quest two underway....

VampireWombat

Nice.

I'm starting the general walkcycle today. Got distracted with other stuff...
I figured out more things to do in game, and I didn't know what information to use to get the character past the starting area until I started writing this sentence.

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 10/08/2018 13:57:59
Nice.

I'm starting the general walkcycle today. Got distracted with other stuff...
I figured out more things to do in game, and I didn't know what information to use to get the character past the starting area until I started writing this sentence.
Just think what you would like to happen in the scene and what you need to achieve and how to achieve it..... Bingo (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk