M. Night Shyamalan's new film - what a twist :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Mon 30/07/2018 09:58:20

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBL6COBGjCA

This is a stupid idea, imo.

First of all the original movie (Unbreakable) wasn't about superhero universes. Secondly, it is hardly a universe when there is just one new "superhero". Thirdly... in what way was Mr. Glass' "supepower" an "extremely high iq"? This wasn't at all in the original movie; he caused the train accident cause he wanted to see if there is anyone who is his exact antithesis (unbreakable).

And another thing: wtf is Mr. Glass still alive? He has a bone disease and should have been dead decades ago :)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Stupot

Unbreakable wasn't about superhero universes as such, but it was a film about superheroes. The idea of turning it into a “universe” was clearly a kind of commentary but Shyamalan on the recent trend of creating these extended universes. I think it was a stroke of genius.

I don't know if Glass has any particular superpowers. But then again neither does Batman. Wealth, intellect and determination seem to link them. The only difference between Glass and Batman (apart from their motivations) is that one of them is trained to break bones and the other is broken bones.

KyriakosCH

Well, the actress playing the psychiatrist (?) has a rather annoying lisp :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk