"Not an AGS save game" Error?

Started by SilverSpook, Thu 09/08/2018 09:19:14

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Hi, I had someone recently playing Neofeud encounter an error I've never seen before, was wondering if anyone might have any insight into what's going on?

QuoteI got fried by the electricity meter for tampering with it then got an error msg "AGS save game error" or something similar. My character reapeared on the screen and i went down a floor went back up, automatically got fried again without touching anything then got an error msg and the game crashed. When I reopened the game my 3 save games were gone and I have to start again.

QuoteI been pplaying a bit today. Been saving along the way. Now everytime i try to load a save it says "not an ags save game" and the actual save is called " invalid ags save 7" even though i only labelled it 7. if i try to load it again the game shuts down and i get a window with ags save game error contact ags developer. Or something close to anyway.

Crimson Wizard

Is it possible to know the exact error message(s)? There may be various problems, including game update breaking old saves if you add or remove game content.

If the error is saying that the save is "not an ags save game", there are following options:
1. Savegame file was corrupted.
2. Savegame file was created by a game compiled with higher version of AGS, then tried to load inside game compiled with lower version of AGS.
Or maybe some "alternative" version of AGS was used.
3. There is a bug in the program.

Do I understand correctly that these players try to load saves made only short time earlier?

What version of AGS was Neofeud compiled with and were you releasing any updates compiled with different version (higher/lower/alternate)?
Can you playtest same version of your game and check if saves work there?
Do those players play on some specific system (windows, linux, else), or use some alternate AGS port?
Does the game use any plugins (besides steam plugin)?
Can any of these players upload the bad save file?

SilverSpook

Yes the save was made a short time earlier.

What version of AGS was Neofeud compiled with and were you releasing any updates compiled with different version (higher/lower/alternate)?

Can you playtest same version of your game and check if saves work there?

-Haven't been able to replicate the error yet, no.

Do those players play on some specific system (windows, linux, else), or use some alternate AGS port?

-Windows 7

Does the game use any plugins (besides steam plugin)?

-No just Steam plugin.

Can any of these players upload the bad save file?

-Will try to get it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk