Unavowed - IGF nominee!!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Wed 08/08/2018 20:09:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

After three years of development, I am SUPER proud to announce that Unavowed has been released!

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-MMqOakEIs

Story
For six months, you were possessed by a demon. For six months, you unwillingly tore a trail of bloodshed through New York City. Now, finally, you are rescued by the Unavowed - an ancient society dedicated to stopping evil.

You are free, but your world is in tatters. You have no home, no friends, and you are wanted by the police. You can not return to your old life, but perhaps you can start a new one. Join the Unavowed, and learn to fight against the oncoming darkness.

Written & Programmed by: Dave Gilbert
Backgrounds and sprites: Ben Chandler
Music: Thomas Regin
Portraits (not pictured yet): Ivan Ulyanov

Features:
   -Choose a male or female protagonist
   -Choose one of three playable origin stories
   -branching storyline
   -A total of four companion characters to choose from. Each with their own talents and abilities.
   -Double the resolution of a typical Wadjet Eye Game!
   -All the usual guff - voice acting, commentary, original music, etc

Price: $14.99

Buy it: HERE!

Screenshots:

Miguel R. Fervenza

Congratulations! Great Work! I enjoyed it a lot. A review in Spanish: http://indiefence.miguelrfervenza.com/2018/08/unavowed-wadjet-eye-games-2018/

AndyfromVA

Got it!
Plan to start playing it this evening.  Might be up all night.

Blondbraid

Big congratulations on the release, I'll need to get around to playing it once I find the time!

Hobo

Congratulations! It's awesome to see that it's finally released and already receiving positive reviews and feedback.
I'm a bit surprised about the price though, expected 20 or more.

SarahLiz

Yessss!  Been waiting all summer (year, really) for this one!  I cannot WAIT to get home & purchase.  I foresee some late nights ahead!  Woo-hoo!

...at the risk of getting flogged for this...will there be a walkthrough coming?  I would happily pay for a guide...:grin:  I always, always get stuck, lol.

Congratulations on the release of 3 years of hard work!!

Sarah

SilverSpook

shaun9991

Massive congratulations Dave! We have a modern classic on our hands :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Dave Gilbert

So. I am pleased to announce that after eight hours, Unavowed has broken our day 1 sales record.

Click'd

Which one was the previous best?

Mandle

Congratulations!!! I really enjoyed the portion of the game I saw when attempting to playtest and failing.

Can't wait to play the full game!!!

Quote from: Cl... on Wed 08/08/2018 23:25:13

Oh, let's all try to guess!!!

My guess would be The Blackwell Epiphany.

Click'd

Likely. Now I wonder how my favourite, Technobabylon, did. In comparison to the others, I mean.

SarahLiz

Quote from: Cl... on Wed 08/08/2018 23:45:06
Likely. Now I wonder how my favourite, Technobabylon, did. In comparison to the others, I mean.

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 08/08/2018 23:33:54
Congratulations!!! I really enjoyed the portion of the game I saw when attempting to playtest and failing.

Can't wait to play the full game!!!

Quote from: Cl... on Wed 08/08/2018 23:25:13

Oh, let's all try to guess!!!

My guess would be The Blackwell Epiphany.

My first thought was Technobabylon, but Blackwell Epiphany would make sense.  I think everyone was waiting & salivating for the final one to come out!  Although...Shardlight was amazing too.  I really don't have a clue...

And congrats (again) on beating your record!!

AnasAbdin

Congrats Dave and to your awesome team. I can't wait for the weekend to start (laugh)

agentbauer

Congrats Dave,
just bought it on GoG, that game is the best Adventure, I played in years.
Party like in Mass Effect, decisions, different characters for multipe playthroughs.
Graphics are really great, Voice acting is nearly perfect, and to show the "look at" when the cursor is over the object is a great idea.
I can't stop playing and I don't miss that the player character doesn't have voice acting!
And there are..SPOILER... Many story twists....

So everyone BUY THAT GAME... NOW...
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

selmiak

congrats on the release dave :D

sawyer

Awesome, works on my phone...Very nice work David!!

The Outer Zone

Huge congrats with the release!

Unavowed sounds like the perfect next step in the evolution of adventure games.
And it looks really good Ben Chandler and Ivan Ulyanov!

Enjoying Shardlight at the moment, but then I will dive into this reportedly acclaimed masterpiece :)
The Outer Zone - Strange narrative games and illustrated books.
http://the-outer-zone.blogspot.com/

Sinitrena

Very good game! :-D I played through it in three settings, only stopping when I was too tired to continue.

I got stuck twice, once when my brain just couldn't understand the meaning of the word "legs" and once when I missed an exit and consequently some characters to talk to.

I love the story, the graphics, the voice-acting, basically everything, except for one thing: Why am I only allowed to take two side-kicks on missions? It just feels so arbitrary, especially because I can't go back and take someone else when it feels like he or she would be better suited for the mission. But props for the design making every mission possible to solve with the different combinations of characters.

By the way
Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Wed 08/08/2018 20:09:50
For six months, you were possessed by a demon. For six months, you unwillingly tore a trail of bloodshed through New York City. Now, finally, you are rescued by the Unavowed - an ancient society dedicated to stopping evil.

The game says it's been a year, not six months, doesn't it? ;)

AndyfromVA

Fantastic game.  Great story, visuals, voice acting, music.  Played through with
Spoiler
the actor
[close]
and looking forward to playing with
Spoiler
the bartender
[close]
and
Spoiler
the cop
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk