Author Topic: Unavowed - IGF nominee!!  (Read 8989 times)

Re: Unavowed
« Reply #20 on: 11 Aug 2018, 23:13 »
OMG so many doors! Also this is so so beautiful. A loooot of details, a fantastic way to create the playable character at the start. And fantastic voice acting! I still haven't finished (I just need some more free time!!!!) Also I needed a game to gift my family members who got me into Blackwell and now I have a perfect one :]

Sawyer, how did you play on the phone?  Edit: Oh the directly from Wadjet Eye version!
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2018, 23:18 by eri0o »

KyriakosCH

• Alien spiral maker
    • I can help with backgrounds
    • I can help with story design
    • I can help with translating
« Reply #21 on: 12 Aug 2018, 12:15 »
You know, that cop's moves were something out of a Bruce Lee movie! :=

Very good work! I saw a let's play of the first chapter. I hope the game becomes very well known and loved. :)
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2018, 08:32 by KyriakosCH »
Envy can ruin a man; try the Chrysalis... Read articles in my Patreon!

« Reply #22 on: 13 Aug 2018, 01:49 »
Thats every Wadjeteye on my phone works . Thanks Dave for making this powerhouse!!
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2018, 01:54 by sawyer »

« Reply #23 on: 13 Aug 2018, 01:51 »
OMG so many doors! Also this is so so beautiful. A loooot of details, a fantastic way to create the playable character at the start. And fantastic voice acting! I still haven't finished (I just need some more free time!!!!) Also I needed a game to gift my family members who got me into Blackwell and now I have a perfect one :]

Sawyer, how did you play on the phone?  Edit: Oh the directly from Wadjet Eye version!

Exagear Strategies finds it and runs Unavowed along with other ags games also...GOG version I got, I just delete not needed gog files within game and keep only necessary files to lighten the load. Everything runs great!! Without worring about linkscript fail...You would think ags android wouldnt be passes by ExaGear, but it works, Maybe now AGS.apk will eventually run these awesome games as well....:shocked:
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2018, 02:12 by sawyer »

paolo

• This City at Night - out now!
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with scripting
    • paolo worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • paolo worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #24 on: 16 Aug 2018, 21:00 »
Wow, amazing, amazing, amazing! Well done on releasing this! I'm putting this on my to-play list.
url=http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2036/]This City at Night - Demo[/url]

Andail

• Global Moderator
  • Cultured man of mystery
    • I can help with backgrounds
    • Andail worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #25 on: 17 Aug 2018, 19:52 »
Congrats on the release! I shall check it out shortly.

Monsieur OUXX

• Mittens Half Initiate
    • I can help with voice acting
    • Monsieur OUXX worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Monsieur OUXX worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #26 on: 19 Aug 2018, 19:08 »
The game is great. Seriously. But if there's ever a version 1.1, I'd recommend changing the facial expression of the two characters in the opening sequence (the one where you pick your character and the exorcist holds you at gun point with a staff). At the moment it looks like they're both smiling and having a good laugh. the game is supposed to be dark and start right in the action, but it totally ruins the tension for me. All I'm thinking is : "what are laughing at?"
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2018, 13:46 by Monsieur OUXX »

Dave Gilbert

• Mittens Vassal
  • Eye see you.
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • Dave Gilbert worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Dave Gilbert worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #27 on: 20 Aug 2018, 00:49 »
I went through the exchange and I see no version of anyone's smiling expression being used at any point, so I am not sure what you are referring to.

« Reply #28 on: 20 Aug 2018, 04:22 »
Have you released the soundtrack yet? If not, you ought to use this as the album cover.

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #29 on: 20 Aug 2018, 06:58 »
Hahaha Stupot.... That's genius!

Monsieur OUXX

• Mittens Half Initiate
    • Monsieur OUXX worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Monsieur OUXX worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #30 on: 20 Aug 2018, 13:20 »
I went through the exchange and I see no version of anyone's smiling expression being used at any point, so I am not sure what you are referring to.
Spoiler: ShowHide

This :

*giggle giggle*

Mandle

•  
« Reply #31 on: 20 Aug 2018, 15:15 »
Looks more to me like they are gritting their teeth than smiling. I can see why Mandala might be seen as smiling though, but maybe she is, considering having just tracked down a demon?
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2018, 15:19 by Mandle »

Rincewind

• Jazz maverick.
« Reply #32 on: 21 Aug 2018, 09:41 »
Jeez, can't believe this is my first forum post in eight(!) years, hah. I've become so terribly tired of social media recently, and just got the urge to check in here again a couple of days ago. Made me realize how much I've missed the forums, so I might just stick around again. Anyway, </off-topic>. Unavowed looks truly amazing, Dave, been looking forward to it for ages! Gonna buy it on Steam and start playing as soon as my paycheck arrives on friday! :)

« Reply #33 on: 26 Aug 2018, 14:54 »
Amazing game. On my third play through now with the developer's commentary. It's quite a fascinating insight to hear how the game was developed; especially after hearing the commentaries for most of the other WadjetEye Games. It's a documented history of how Dave develops as a game developer (pun intended).

It's a brilliant technical achievement, and well worth waiting for. It expands on the Blackwell Universe (is there an actual name for it?) a lot and the characters are very well defined.

I also love:
Spoiler: ShowHide
the whole Chinatown breakout section; it's brilliantly conceived and the game's standout "set piece" for me. It was nice to have a section where you could interact with KayKay; who is just as much a member of the team as everyone else. She's tied with Vicki as my favourite character.

Mandle

•  
« Reply #34 on: 27 Aug 2018, 00:16 »
It expands on the Blackwell Universe (is there an actual name for it?)

I'm not sure, but I can think of an adjective:

Blackwellian.

Dave Gilbert

• Mittens Vassal
  • Eye see you.
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • Dave Gilbert worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Dave Gilbert worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #35 on: 29 Aug 2018, 19:31 »
Zero Punctuation just reviewed Unavowed!

He liked it, insofar as he likes anything.

« Reply #36 on: 29 Aug 2018, 21:03 »

Is there a transcript? I can't make out half of what this guy's saying.

Click'd

• Click'd worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Click'd worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #37 on: 29 Aug 2018, 23:29 »
Is there a transcript? I can't make out half of what this guy's saying.
There is:
http://zeropunctuation.wikia.com/wiki/Unavowed

Mandle

•  
« Reply #38 on: 30 Aug 2018, 02:33 »

Hilarious review!

Wow, he even refers to whatever happened during his split with the AGS community, which was a bit before my time. I remember someone (possibly me) asking what happened once and there were only vague replies like "Trust me. You don't want to know." and "He got a bit too big for his britches."

Anyway, he mentions it so I'm guessing it still bugs him a bit as well. Maybe someone who knew him back then could reach out? I love the dude's games and it would be cool to see him around here now and then.

Danvzare

• The Man with No Name
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with scripting
    • Danvzare worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #39 on: 30 Aug 2018, 11:21 »
Wow, he even refers to whatever happened during his split with the AGS community, which was a bit before my time. I remember someone (possibly me) asking what happened once and there were only vague replies like "Trust me. You don't want to know." and "He got a bit too big for his britches."
As far as I can tell from the searching I did, he was simply egotistical and overly critical, and he eventually proclaimed he was too good for the forum and left. Apparently he still lurks around these forums as well. The best non-dead link I could find detailing it, is in the AGS Wiki: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/wiki/Yahtzee
I also found this thread which shed a lot more light on the situation: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=1682.msg18819#msg18819
With that all being said, it seems like everything has been forgiven and forgotten (within reason).

Back on topic though, Unavowed is an absolutely great game. I've not completed it yet, but it's every bit as good as I thought it was going to be. :-D
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2018, 11:50 by Danvzare »