Forms

Started by Kh4n, Thu 09/08/2018 22:04:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Kh4n

Hi everyone,

Here is my first game made with AGS. It was intended to be a way for me to begin learning the studio, but not only that, as I also had a basic idea I wanted to implement.

Forms is a very short abstract game with minimalistic geometrical 2D graphics. This last part enabled me to have something finished quicker, and also suited the idea well, but is not the important part I would like tested on this.

I would like to know if it "works" on the puzzle side.

Download link

Download link 2

AGS page

Thank you if you try it and tell me what you think!

selmiak

sounds interesting, but somehow that adfilled host won't let me download anything :P

Matti

My ads get blocked and I could download without problems.

I figured out the first puzzles, then got stuck, maybe it's a bug:
Spoiler
I think I was supposed to get the numbers (132) and put them in the equation, but I wasn't able to pick them up.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Matti on Sun 12/08/2018 17:46:37

Spoiler
I think I was supposed to get the numbers (132) and put them in the equation, but I wasn't able to pick them up.
[close]

Nope. Not a bug. Consider that to be some "misdirection" ;) I thought the same. Keep trying and post if you still need help.

KyriakosCH

It was ok :)

I liked the "click if you are not epileptic" part (laugh)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

selmiak

anyone care to host this on a different host?

Cassiebsg

Yeah, dwl doesn't for me either.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kh4n

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 13/08/2018 05:29:16
anyone care to host this on a different host?
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 13/08/2018 16:56:04
Yeah, dwl doesn't for me either.

I've included an alternate download link for those having a hard time with the first one. Let me know if it's ok.

Thanks already to all of you trying it (or trying to try it lol) !

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 12/08/2018 19:24:47
It was ok :)

I liked the "click if you are not epileptic" part (laugh)
Thank you KyriakosCH :) Lol yes I was discovering those effects and wanted to use some but also make sure that the player would know when it's over.

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 12/08/2018 18:00:39
Quote from: Matti on Sun 12/08/2018 17:46:37

Spoiler
[close]
Nope. Not a bug. Consider that to be some "misdirection" ;) I thought the same. Keep trying and post if you still need help.
Thanks Shadow1000 for the help ;)
Matti, what you thought you should do is very interesting, I never thought someone would think that! (Do I make myself clear? lol)

Overall, as simple as it is, it's very nice to see people getting into it and trying to beat it! It means it works at least a little, and already encourages me to carry on.

KyriakosCH

Well, a good first game, and we are looking forward to more from you! :)

selmiak

That drive download works...

...but I am stuck with
Spoiler
2 triangles that fit nowhere. I can't combine them into the diamond shape for the next room, also I'm missing 2 squares probably.
[close]

KyriakosCH

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 13/08/2018 20:54:45

...but I am stuck with
Spoiler
2 triangles that fit nowhere. I can't combine them into the diamond shape for the next room, also I'm missing 2 squares probably.
[close]

Spoiler
you CAN combine them :)
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 13/08/2018 20:54:45

...but I am stuck with
Spoiler
[close]

What happens when you
Spoiler
put 2 triangles together?
[close]

selmiak

yeah, I completed it! :-D

Spoiler
I didn't think about combining them inside the inventory and tried to squish and hammer them into the forms provided in the last room like an angry clueless kid, the room with the + and = and got only more and more angry as the forms always disappeared from my mousecursor :P >:( :-D 8-)
[close]

Matti

Ok, I've completed it too :)

Spoiler
Like selmiak I didn't think of combining the items - despite doing that in adventure games all the time (roll). I guess the misdirection in the last room confused me too much ;)
[close]

Nice game. It's quite short but I definitely see some potential there.

Kh4n

Thanks Matti! And thanks everyone for playing! Nice to see some "Yeah I've completed it!" and people helping each other over it :)

Spoiler
The equation in the triangle room is not meant to be a misdirection, but a hint : if you put this and this together you get this, so, applied to what you have... Was it understandable?
[close]

Also, added the AGS page link in OP.

selmiak

Spoiler
of course it's understandable, I even went back and tried squishing the triangles into the diamond shape in the main screen.
I missed this inventory interaction because the game teaches you to do every interaction in the room. maybe if you add the funcionality to just put the triangles onto the diamond shape one by one without combining them before it is more obvious and intuitive.
[close]

Kastchey

It was quick, simple and pretty fun :) I enjoyed figuring out what the ultimate goal of the puzzle was and I would gladly play a longer and more complex version of this kind of game.
Entertaining and well scripted for a first AGS game, well done.

Creamy

Congrats on the release :)

Downloaded (with the mirror link), played and finished without much trouble.
It's a nice first mini-game.

Hobo

Well, as you said yourself, it's very basic, minimalistic and short. In its current form, I'd say it could work as a nice mini-game, but I kind of liked the premise and would certainly be interested in seeing a more expanded version of this.

Cassiebsg

Finished it too... took me a little while to figure out the "mechanics" of it, but then was pretty easy... I think I ignored every single clue though. (roll)

Also, good job. Hope to see an expansion of this concept with maybe harder puzzles as one progresses. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk