Warlock And The Princess

Started by SergioAntonio, Wed 22/08/2018 16:56:26

Previous topic - Next topic

SergioAntonio

Story
The King's daughter Princess Farah has been kidnapped by an evil warlock. The Warlock has held her inside his castle far in the mountains. The King has offered half of his kingdom to anyone brave enough to travel to the Wizard's castle, defeat him and return his daughter. The player assumes the role of a wanderer who answers this challenge.

Graphics & Programming by
: Sergio Fernandez
Music: Kevin Macleod, August Wilhelmsson, Holfix

Price: $3.99

Buy it
: HERE!

Screenshots:

SergioAntonio

This is my first real AGS game.. and Already started selling some copies after one day... yeah... happy...

CaptainD

SergioAntonio

SergioAntonio

Actually, there might not be a demo.. I'm tried, and I still have to put together a teaser trailer.

CaptainD

Quote from: SergioAntonio on Fri 24/08/2018 11:02:25
Actually, there might not be a demo.. I'm tried, and I still have to put together a teaser trailer.

I'm just worried that without a demo, you'll find it incredibly hard to get sales (it's hard enough with a demo!) - especially as you are only selling directly (obviously you may be intending to use Steam / Itch or whatever in the future).  You're basically relying on people buying the game on the back of the screenshots alone - although the screenshots are nice so that might happen.  A trailer will help, and some actual gameplay footage (whether in the trailer or separately) would be a big plus.

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release, and good luck with the sales. (nod)
Also... what CaptainD said. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SergioAntonio

I know.. but it will have to wait, I have a trip to take; and I wanted to get the game out before my flight date.
I usually don't program when I'm outside the US, visiting my girlfriend..

Also, I will learn about getting the game on platforms like GoG, and steam....

this are my baby steps right now, I'm learning how to get people interested in what I make.
I'm also trying to find out how to get it to review sites.... I'm no Wadjet Eye Games yet.
so I do not expect, huge sales at first, but hopefully, in time... as I make more games and more people play them;
there won't be any doubt as to weather the game is worth the price. :smiley:

VampireWombat

I'm going to be a bit more harsh than the others. Nothing I've seen would make me want to buy your game. If it was free, I'd possibly give it a try.
Your top image made me think of something I'd see for a character pack on DAZ3D or Poser... 7-8 years ago. And the inventory made me think of Lost Eden, a game released 23 years ago. Then there's the fact you didn't even change the verb gui in any way.
If you're thinking about trying to get it on Steam, GoG, and review sites then you'll hear much harsher things.
So yeah, if you're serious about this you need a demo to show why your game is worth paying for.

SergioAntonio

If you dont like it, it's OK. it's your opinion.
I was not thinking on getting anything on steam.. or GoG, right now.. maybe in the future.

I love the graphics... I know people here are into pixel art, and stick figures... but if I like the graphics, I'm sure there will be others that like it as well.

the game already started selling. so obviously, there are people who like what they have seen so far.

The reason why there is no demo, is actually because copies started selling... I twitter that people could pre-order the game, and promised the product for a certain date.
so, I had to focus on meeting the deadline in order to get it out to the people who already paid.

some of the interface I have changed.. save/load menu, etc.... the verb menu, I did not change because it seemed fine the way it was. and changing it would not be critical to the game play.

VampireWombat

That's great. I'm sure that means you've said more on Twitter than you have here.
I can only go by what I see here and on your link.
I do wish you the best of luck, despite how harsh I sounded.

Edit: I decided to click your Twitter link. Maybe you should have included the information that this is a remake of the game the Wizard and the Princess. That alone could be enough to interest some people.

SergioAntonio

its OK.. I dont mind the criticism.

maybe I did not pick the best screen shots, maybe I should have put screen shots of the hero transforming into different Animals.
or interacting with the Giant, or then Gnome, or Warlock... there might have been more exciting screen shots I could have put.
And yes, this is a remake of a 80s game.but I've added a few more elements, and changes a few things around, so that the game would make more sense.

I might update the screen shots later on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk