Suppose IA made a Space Quest III Remake (just a thought)

Started by DBoyWheeler, Wed 22/08/2018 20:58:58

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

I just had this thought...

Suppose... for sake of discussion, if Infamous Adventures did a remake of Space Quest III?

What kind of add-ons you think might make it fresher, more than just a graphical update of the original.

(I bring this up because I had this funny thought--I bet I can make myself sound dorky enough to try out to be the voice of Elmo Pug, the head honcho of Scumsoft and main antagonist.  But maybe that's just me.)

Anyway, what are your thoughts of if Infamous Adventures does choose to do so?

Babar

Aren't Blackthorne and all done with making games?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

snoopy

If any sierra game needed a remake it would be Quest for Glory 3 nothing for the thief really to do much there.

Danvzare

Did I just jump into an alternate dimension? I could've sworn that someone had already finished (or at least was working on) a fan remake of Space Quest III, and that it looked like something Infamous Adventure would've made. But all I could find was this:
[imgzoom]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/5d/34/e35d3413e072595162cfcd75fcd2766b.png[/imgzoom]

I also found this screenshot for another Space Quest III remake that was in development at one point.:
[imgzoom]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/spacequest/images/9/93/Crashsitescreenienew.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20080110190812[/imgzoom]

Could anyone tell me where that first screenshot came from? ???

mkennedy

If they do a remake there should be some sort of option to skip the arcade sequences near the end. Those proved too difficult for me to get through.

Frodo

Would love to see a remake of Space Quest 3.  I love the Space Quest games.   :cheesy:

But I agree with mkennedy - take out that horrible Tie-Fighter arcade sequence near the end.  :undecided:
Also, the Astro Chicken arcade machine in Monolith Burger could do with some improving.  It's insanely hard to beat!  :sealed:

Sledgy

Demo of SQ3 VGA from IA exists in the new SQ2 VGA release

You can reach this demo via some gamehack. Place this room1.crm to the game folder and run new SQ2 vga (v2.0)

deadsuperhero

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 23/08/2018 12:54:04
I also found this screenshot for another Space Quest III remake that was in development at one point.:
[imgzoom]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/spacequest/images/9/93/Crashsitescreenienew.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20080110190812[/imgzoom]

It's funny to see this again! This particular screenshot comes from my own past attempt at doing the remake, many years ago. I made tons of rookie mistakes, the biggest of which involved doing all development coordination over a private forum with no source control system (places like GitHub were not commonly used by volunteer indie game developers at the time), so much of the final fruits of that labor had been lost.

Steve from IA helped me recover an old snapshot some time ago, and while it only contains a fraction of what we accomplished, I do in fact still have my copy. I believe some of it may have been used as the basis of Infamous Adventure's attempt, which the Space Quest Historian recorded on YouTube.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk