S.A.M

Started by Two Tales, Fri 24/08/2018 09:48:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Tales

Hey folks. I needed a break from my main project so I spent a month (and a bit) making this little mags-sized game about a solitary robot on an abandoned planet.
I guess I would describe it as a point n' click, puzzle platformer.
To move Sam click infront or behind him using the mouse cursor. Click on the question mark icon for additional help.

Database entry: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2278/

Made with AGS 3.3

CaptainD

Looks interesting - congrats on the release and hope you find you can get back to your main project refreshed and turbo-charged! ;)

Two Tales

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 24/08/2018 10:44:51
Looks interesting - congrats on the release and hope you find you can get back to your main project refreshed and turbo-charged! ;)
Thanks. I'm now back to it with gusto! ;-D

KyriakosCH

Well done on releasing the game :)

The robot reminds me of B.A.S.S. :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release. :)
Looking forward to trying it.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Looks like just the kind of thing I love! Gonna have a play first chance I get!

VampireWombat

I'll have to wait until next month to give this a try since I don't want it to in any way influence my current game. Looks interesting.

Creamy

Finished with a little help from Click X3
Spoiler
For a strange reason, it didn't occur to me that the arm could cut.
[close]
Sweet little game.

Click'd

Quote from: Creamy on Sat 25/08/2018 13:55:15
Finished with a little help from Click X3
I just tried everything on everything else, old adventure gaming trick. Fun fact: I got stuck in the room after that and stopped playing.

selmiak

This is a fun little game Two Tales, 2-3 times the length would be even better :D 8-)

creamy, thanks to your comment I finished it and recorded this longplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5FS4MefTg

this is rather a speedrun filled with spoilers, go puzzle yourself and only look it up when you are stuck.

Shadow1000

What a well-made game! The graphics and story are really sweet.

I especially like the puzzles. There are very few controls and all the puzzles are essentially of the "escape the room" sort, but with the combination of the three you were able to really make a fun gaming experience. I give a lot of credit to the creativity of this game.

I know it's not that similar but it did remind me of Machinarium.

Well done!

Two Tales

Thank you for your comments everyone.

Special thanks to selmiak for letting me add the vid to the walkthroughs web page ;) -This has now been done:
http://www.two-tales.com/home-mainPage

Cheers for the positive feedback Shadow1000. Always reassuring to recieve. :)

Mandle

Lovely game!

The player must make a few logical discoveries to figure out what the 3 possible actions cause in various cases which is an interesting inverse of the usual "use mouth icon on statue to try to talk to it but instead the character licked in on the cheek as he was told to do so in the ancient text he read but which the player has forgotten all about" case.

Had a great time with this and really wanted it to be longer!

As in a certain movie which obviously this game has nothing to do with, the non-expresive robot gains a lot of love from the player for that very reason that we can't always read what it feels so what it does is most important, and the player feels a bit hurt whenever the robot "dies" (kudos on non-annoying auto reloads btw)...

If you devised about 8 more puzzles you would have a very sellable game on your hands!

Two Tales

Wow, thanks Mandle. I really wasn't expecting such positive feedback.
Quote from: Mandle on Sun 09/09/2018 13:33:03
If you devised about 8 more puzzles you would have a very sellable game on your hands!
I don't think about making money from a game. I just love making them for fun (I guess you could say it's a hobby) and if others enjoy playing my creations then that's a fantastic feeling.
You've given me something to think about though...maybe I will extend it and add some extra polish to the game in the future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk