Sound from the Deep - Lovecraftian short film

Started by rongel, Fri 07/09/2018 08:58:19

Previous topic - Next topic

rongel

Ok, I'm advertising a bit here, but as this is closely related to the game I'm making (The Witch House), I decided to post in this thread.

In 2017 me and my friend directed a short film called Sound from the Deep that is inspired by the mythology created by H.P. Lovecraft. The film is about a research ship, that is searching for natural resources in the Arctic Ocean. The crew picks up a strange sound coming from somewhere near the North Pole, and they start to follow it, hoping that it would lead them to a gas deposit. And bad things happen.

It's not a straight adaptation, but there are similarities with the At the Mountains of Madness short story. It's been received very well, and won nine awards so far, including the Best Short Film and the Audience Award at the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival.

So just wanted to share this dark secret with you and show that my interest in H.P. Lovecraft is pretty serious and probably incurable.

Trailer:

The movie is also included in H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival's Best of 2017 DVD, and if you are interested, you can buy it here: https://arkhambazaar.com/films/h-p-lovecraft-film-festival-best-of-2017-collection-dvd/

And we are also in Facebook, where we post news about the film: https://fi-fi.facebook.com/soundfromthedeep/
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Mandle

Wow, you must be very busy!

Looks awesome! The trailer looks very professional and creepy!

As a fellow fan of HPL I really must see this sometime!

How long is the full movie?

Mr Underhill

This is very, very, very much right up my alley, and it looks great! Loved that trailer. On my to-see list, question is, where can I buy it / stream it?

rongel

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 07/09/2018 09:37:34
Looks awesome! The trailer looks very professional and creepy!

As a fellow fan of HPL I really must see this sometime!

How long is the full movie?

Thanks Mandle! We've got really nice response especially from HPL fans, it seems we did justice to the mythology. The short film is just under 30 minutes, so it's not very short film at all.

Quote from: Mr Underhill on Fri 07/09/2018 09:42:11
This is very, very, very much right up my alley, and it looks great! Loved that trailer. On my to-see list, question is, where can I buy it / stream it?

Thank you! The film is included in the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival 2017 DVD, so you can buy it there, along with other short films: https://arkhambazaar.com/films/h-p-lovecraft-film-festival-best-of-2017-collection-dvd/
Currently that's the only way to get it. It's still touring some film festivals, but eventually it will end up online.

Matti

This looks very good, nice work. I love it when horror/suspense movies center around a ship and/or the (ant)arctic ;-D

Very professional indeed!

TheFrighter

Nice job, Rongel! Even if the idea of an annual Lovecraft festival shock me... I mean, after 5 years doesn't become monotonous?

_

KyriakosCH

Wow!

This looks amazing.
As others said, very studio-quality looking :)

When will it be released?
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

rongel

Quote from: Matti on Fri 07/09/2018 11:16:43
This looks very good, nice work. I love it when horror/suspense movies center around a ship and/or the (ant)arctic ;-D

Very professional indeed!

Thank you! I think that setting is one of the main attractions of our film.

Quote from: TheFrighther on Fri 07/09/2018 11:46:05

Nice job, Rongel! Even if the idea of an annual Lovecraft festival shock me... I mean, after 5 years doesn't become monotonous?

Thanks! I was able to attend the festival personally, and had a great time. I guess it's a tradition for most of the visitors, and chance to see other fans.

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Fri 07/09/2018 12:28:31
Wow!

This looks amazing.
As others said, very studio-quality looking :)

When will it be released?

Thank you! There were many talented people working on it, and we managed to get relatively good funding. It's already released, but like with most short films, the main place to see them is in a movie festival. It will have a Finnish television premiere at some point. And eventually we'll release it online.

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

selmiak

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk