The campaign Of Daphne White

Started by Slasher, Tue 28/08/2018 12:37:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

August 2018 MAG compeititon

The Campaign Of Daphne White
Download here   

Storyline:
MP Daphne White is enforcing her censorship policies on her constituent public. The public are outraged that their freedom to choose is being taken away so they march to the 'House' to protest against Daphne White's censorship policies. The 'House' turns down their protests. The constituent public decide to take matters into their own hands by defying Daphne White and going about breaking her censorship policies.

"You all know about the censorship policies I have presented to the House."
"There is far too much sordidness going on within my constituency."

There are four censorship quests (different characters) that can be done in any order and you can change quests at any time.

Meet Sally, a friendly Labrador and drive a pink convertible... You may even come across a smelly skunk (laugh)

This game presents adult themes.

Gameplay: about an hour.

Only tested by yours truly....

Some Screenshots:
Jim and Bert need to get into the paper recycling plant and retrieve nudie mags.

Brian needs to get into the tv center and enable adult tv programs.

Specs:
1280 X 1024
32 Bit color
Direct3D 9 hardware acceleration

Download here

Mandle

I've downloaded twice but BitZip won't open the file. I only get an empty folder.

Slasher

I used Winzip..

Iv'e just downloaded it and it ran fine (nod)

Cassiebsg

Mine reports the file as broken too. Also if you used winzip why is the extension rar? ???
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Click'd

I can unpack it. I can play it. But the setup does not see the exe even though they are right next to each other.

What do I win?

Spoiler
7zip here
[close]

Cassiebsg

No idea.

I've re-downloaded it, and tried 7zip and I get the same error message that the file is either damaged or broken and it can't be opened. :-\

Slasher

OK...

I have re-built the game and made a new download link....

Please try again..

I'm not sure why some people have trouble.

Please inform me if this happens again.

Thanks...

shaguar

Hi

The reason why winsetup does not work is that you have a blank character in front of the games name you entered when you created the game.
The game name is ' The campaign of Daphne White' while the filename is 'The campaign of Daphne White'.

Slasher

I don't believe it!  How did I let that slip through the net? :-[

Anyhow, I have made a new build and have uploaded it with a new link.

Really sorry guys, please excuse this old dog and download it again....

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 02/09/2018 19:34:50
I used Winzip..

Iv'e just downloaded it and it ran fine (nod)

But... how did this happen then?!

Did you mistakenly replay it from your original compiled game instead of from the downloaded ones?

Oh well... 5th 7-minture download starting... NOW!

(Oh... and you are on the most-downloaded-of-the-week list... Hmmmmm. Well done! (laugh) )

(Oh, and the download link goes to "The campaigne of..." but I guess that's not going to break it again... (laugh) )

EDIT: Oh, man, really?! It is still broken!!! (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Slasher

OK

Rebuilt game with new template and titled it correctly and have uploaded new link..

This is my first under Windows 10..

Cassiebsg

I support Mandle on his claim. Still broken. :(
On the plus side it now seems to be almost the double size as before (it's now 159MB against the previous 80Mb).

PS - The new version is also broken. Either your "winzip" is producing broken files or your upload is getting broken.

Slasher

I've just downloaded the game, unzipped it and it runs fine though it takes a little longer to run the first time on my new laptop with Windows 10.

So don't know why you guys are having problems..

Slasher

I'm trying WinZip... uploading now...

Mandle

Everything finally worked and I really liked the game!

In fact, it got my vote for being the closest theme to real-life censorship that the creator actually lived through.

But, Slasher, can you please stop putting both Windows and Linux versions in the same download?

If you want to provide both then please create seperate download links for both.

Otherwise everyone is downloading double the data and only using half of it.

Cheers!

Slasher

Hi Mandle,

will split up versions from now on. I was in a bit of a state on this one... ;)

Cheers for your comments... (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk