MAGS SEPTEMBER "Mermaids and Sirens" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Sat 01/09/2018 02:47:19

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite game of MAGS September?

Jason and the Golden Apple by Slasher
4 (44.4%)
Here Be No Sirens by Kastchey
4 (44.4%)
Sweet Mythery by Vampire Wombat
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: Wed 17/10/2018 04:36:57

Slasher

So far with Jason and The Golden Apple:

I am doing the final dramatic scenes for the island of Ghoul part of the game....

Can Jason and his crew defeat the Sirens wail, find the Golden Apple and obtain it?

What secrets will they find out about the Golden Apple?

There are sure to be some obstacles in the way (nod)

Will one of the crew turn 'Bad apple' :shocked:

You will have to play it to find out (laugh)

Game progress: 80%

Slasher

Just keep brewing those ideas VampireWombat (nod)

I'm enjoying the game that i'm creating and that's got to be good...

I really hope it does not turn out buggy :-X

The game mechanics are like 95% complete and I am onto the 4th scene of Ghoul island....

The game itself is on schedule and I expect another 8/11 days work before testing...

It's all hands to the deck on the Argonal (laugh)

VampireWombat

Yes, I plan to watch some stuff to hopefully get more ideas. And I have a notebook near my tv. I've determined over the past day or so that each "quest" will be able to be solved by the power of puns. But there will be more straightforward methods as well.

Good luck on your game not being buggy.

Slasher

I've solved problems with food so why not puns? (laugh)

At the moment I am doing the first Bob Bones and his crew scene...

Game progress 80%..........

VampireWombat

Making food is one of my solutions. If I can think of something, I will even have at least one food pun.

Slasher

My Entry is finished, but that is only half of the matter, It's testing time  (laugh)

VampireWombat

Congratulations on finishing. Good luck catching bugs.

It's a shame no one else is even posting. This theme has so much possibility. Maybe at least one person is silently working on a game and biding their time.

Kastchey

I sure hope so... cmon guys, I made such a nice picture for you! ;)

Slasher the Gamemaking Machine, congratulations on finishing your entry.

Slasher

Quote from: Kastchey on Thu 20/09/2018 23:09:05
I sure hope so... cmon guys, I made such a nice picture for you! ;)

Slasher the Gamemaking Machine, congratulations on finishing your entry.
I sure hope more guys come out of their closets and hit us flash bang wallop with great games (nod)

Slasher

Game is being tested.
(Looking for proof readers)

Storyline:
Mesopotamia is on the outbreak of an epidemic of decease and many are dying. The Golden Apple is said to bring peace and cure all deceases. So the Khalif of Baghdad commissions Jason to sail to the island of Ghoul to obtain the Golden Apple that he as been informed of and that it is somewhere on Ghoul island.

Jason sets sail with his loyal crew to the Island of Ghoul. Unbeknownst to Jason Ghoul island is habited by flesh eating Sirens whose beautiful wailing voices drive men insane who crash their ships onto the sharp rocks only to be eaten alive!

Can Jason make it safely onto the island of Ghoul and find the Golden Apple?

Or will Bob Bones and his cut-throat skeleton crew get it?

Gameplay: about an hour.

The Sirens:

The Island of Hesus

Mysterious green smoke

Specs:
1280 X 1024
32 Bit color
Direct3D 9 hardware acceleration

VampireWombat

Congratulations on finishing. Hopefully someone will be able to help you with proofreading. I should be getting back to work on my game Monday.

Slasher

Stupot

Into the last week folks. Any more for any more? We've had some good momentum recently.

Slasher

Storyline:
Mesopotamia is on the outbreak of an epidemic of disease and many are dying. The Golden Apple is said to bring peace and cure all disease's. So the Khalif of Baghdad commissions Jason to sail to the island of Ghoul to obtain the Golden Apple that he as been informed of and that it is somewhere on Ghoul island.

Jason sets sail with his loyal crew to the Island of Ghoul. Unbeknownst to Jason Ghoul island is habited by flesh eating Sirens whose beautiful wailing voices drive men insane who crash their ships onto the sharp rocks only to be eaten alive!

Can Jason make it safely onto the island of Ghoul and find the Golden Apple?

Or will Bob Bones and his cut-throat skeleton crew get it?

Gameplay: about an hour.

The Sirens:

The Island of Hesus

Mysterious green smoke

Specs:
1280 X 1024
32 Bit color
Direct3D 9 hardware acceleration
Download

VampireWombat

I just spotted an error in your description. You used decease instead of disease. Of course if the disease is bad enough it would make the person deceased...
I also find it kind of funny that you put the genre as a historical game.
Is this the game that's been giving you video issues?

Not much news on my game. I started work on it again Sunday once I gave up on trying to finish the game for the itch jam. I have a walkcycle for the main character and I have a harpy about 2/3 finished. And I'm going to start the intro today.

Slasher

Nice spotting of the type VampireWombat...

Also changed Historical to Fantasy...

cheers ;)

Kastchey

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 24/09/2018 23:23:13
Into the last week folks. Any more for any more? We've had some good momentum recently.
We've had a couple other, non-AGS game making competitions overlapping with MAGS which may have absorbed people's creativeness this month.
Either this or the theme sucks ;)

Slasher

Kastchey: The theme does not suck, as you say..

It's a perfectly fine theme...

Being creative is all about venturing into the ad lib zone..... Being able to tackle any topic....to some success at least...

People are either too busy or can't get their creative juices flowing.

Personally I like the challenge and this is my 14th consecutive mag competition entry....

Anyhow, don't blame yourself for lack of entries.. It's not over until the fat lady sings... ;)

VampireWombat

I agree that the theme doesn't suck. I'm sure various things have kept people from doing a game this month. I know that trying and failing to make a game for the itch jam hurt progress on my game.

Kastchey

We still have a week for some surprise entries, anyway ;)

By the way, what is the current policy on entering our own competitions? It used to be frowned upon some time back but as I understand it, that was mainly because of the no pre-made assets rule. Or was it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk