The Object of All Dreams

Started by KyriakosCH, Wed 19/09/2018 17:54:46

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

The protagonist is stuck working a menial job, yet aspires to make a real breakthrough: he recently started working on a solution for a famous mathematical problem. He is of the view that when he does provide a proof, he will become known, respected, and his financial issues will be over.

And yet, just as he was apparently nearing a breakthrough regarding the mathematical problem, another problem - one lurking in his inner world, and manifesting in a series of dreams - will demand to be solved first, if he is to go through with his plans...

Story and gfx: Kyriakos Chalkopoulos

Original music: Mileva Anastasiadou

Created in September 2018

Dl at https://kyriakosch.itch.io/the-object-of-all-dreams

I hope you like it - again there are some issues, but I think that the story (and music) are nice (nod)

BTW: Game has three different endings.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

VampireWombat

Congratulations on being the 2nd (3rd if you count the one that was removed) person to complete a game for the jam. I'll give it a try soon.

CaptainD

Yay congrats on the release, I look forward to playing it.

VampireWombat

Okay, I finished a play through of the game.
Spoiler

I had trouble taking things too seriously when the protagonist waddled like a penguin. Otherwise it was a well made game. Good luck in the Jam.
[close]

KyriakosCH

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 19/09/2018 19:38:31
Yay congrats on the release, I look forward to playing it.

Thanks! :)

Be sure to dl the current (fixed) version, cause there was a bug disabling one of the possible endings, in the previously uploaded file! :o
I hope you like the story & music ^_^

@Vampire: One cannot do everything, I rather suck at character animation :P

TheFrighter

Played! 8-)

About the music: vey nice with a greek flavour (for what I can say)! But without the soundtrack the game is silent 'cause have no sound effects, and the homeroom scene seems muted...

About the story: intriguing, the mistery Borges-style in the dreams is quite thrilling! Just one thing:
Spoiler

why the "other coats" path have nothing different?

[close]

The endings: nice for a so short game, even if a lot remains in the shadows. Maybe yo can expand it in future... but first complete The Chrysalis!  ;)

My curiosity: that tower really exist?

_

KyriakosCH

Thanks! :D

About your points:

-The 'other coats' path allows you to examine the other coats, if you click "use" on them. No other path lets you check that.
Spoiler
You won't find anything, though... Dead end :) You will still get the 'Death' ending.
Different endings are:
1) Death (if you go the other coats, stay in the room, or even take the object path (but choose to just leave it).
2) Persist (if, in the very end, you leave without the object)
3) Fight another day (if you instead leave with the object)
[close]

-The tower does exist, it is the so-called 'White Tower' of Thessaloniki. I had made this model of it some time ago...

Glad you liked my story ^_^ It is adapted from one of my better printed works (actually from a 2015 book of mine, titled 'The Chrysalis'). Some parts of the actual 13-pages story were not covered in the game (cause I had no time, and was fatigued too by the end...). Let alone that I am moving to Athens in a couple of days, so had to end it there ;)

Re the music, Mileva will be very happy to hear that you liked it so much (nod)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiGLGulUD2I

KyriakosCH

Tip: when you first try to open the door in the dream room, a new ( covert) hotspot is generated, for the coats. You access it by clicking on the coat closest to the table...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk