Itch App issue tracker

Started by CaptainD, Sun 07/10/2018 11:44:34

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Just want to keep a log of any issues found launching AGS games via the Itch APP i please let me know if you have any yourselves / have reports from players of your games.  I'm in contact with the dev of the app about this to see if it's a specific issue with AGS games.  Once we've had a chance to see if this effects multiple AGS-made games, I'll post it on the Itch App issue tracker.  I'm not entirely sure what sort of error codes the App itself generates - I can only go by the one I got for Captain Disaster (spawn icacls code 6) - I'm working on the assumption that most others will be a variations of this but not sure yet.

GameDevOSspawn icacls Error code
Captain Disaster: DHAMSBCaptainD/TheBitPriestWindows 106

Notes - CYBORG SEPPUKU issue resolved, not actually an Itch App issue.           

Gurok

ICACLS indicates that it might be a permissions issue. Maybe try giving "Everyone" read/write access to the file before uploading it. I don't even know if that sort of stuff is preserved when things are uploaded.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

CaptainD

Quote from: Gurok on Sun 07/10/2018 11:55:20
ICACLS indicates that it might be a permissions issue. Maybe try giving "Everyone" read/write access to the file before uploading it. I don't even know if that sort of stuff is preserved when things are uploaded.

Not sure Ben, and not aware that the RW access was not set to everyone when I uploaded.  Just want to know if this is a specific issue to AGS games running in the Itch APP - just tried The Outer Limit's game in it (in Windows 10) and everything worked fine.

morganw

I'm currently trying to make something to use in-place of winsetup (specifically for Linux or Mac releases which get uploaded to places such as itch.io), so I'm interested to have a look at how their launcher works. I'm not really following your table though.

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 07/10/2018 11:44:34

GameDevOSspawn icacls Error code
CYBORG SEPPUKUThe Outer ZoneLinux     ?

Are you saying that CYBORG SEPPUKU doesn't work? You won't have icacls on anything that isn't Windows, so have they got something named icacls return errors on all platforms, or does it just fail with no clues as to what happened?

CaptainD

Quote from: morganw on Sun 07/10/2018 15:08:14
Are you saying that CYBORG SEPPUKU doesn't work? You won't have icacls on anything that isn't Windows, so have they got something named icacls return errors on all platforms, or does it just fail with no clues as to what happened?

I don't know about the error codes much, maybe it's not useful information?  as I said, all I have so far is the error message someone got from trying to run my own game.  (I don't know if the fact that my game has an installer makes any difference?)  The Outer Zone posted that a user had reported issues launching his game in Linux using Itch App - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=56442.msg636595930#new

morganw

"CYBORG SEPPUKU" was an issue with the script that AGS uses to start the game for Linux builds, so this wasn't a problem with the itch.io client.
I guess it should be removed from the table?

CaptainD

Quote from: morganw on Sat 13/10/2018 19:06:09
"CYBORG SEPPUKU" was an issue with the script that AGS uses to start the game for Linux builds, so this wasn't a problem with the itch.io client.
I guess it should be removed from the table?

Done, thanks.

Hmm... well so far the only confirmed issue was with my own game.  I'm wondering if it's to do with the install package rather than AGS - anyone successfully installed Stomping Boots via the client?  Anyone had issues with any other AGS games running in Itch App?  (I haven't found any yet.)

morganw

How is it packaged internally for itch.io?
Is it an installer that gets run (with silent install switches?), or is it just the game files?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk