World Suicide Prevention Day

Started by CaptainD, Mon 10/09/2018 11:46:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

Quote from: Jack on Thu 04/10/2018 22:48:15
Have you ever considered that people can't deal with the realities of life any more because they are raised in a coddled bubble?

Sticks and stones.
Dude, seriously?
The correct response is "Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I just couldn't pass up on that joke."
No need to get all defensive about what is and what isn't a good time to make a dark joke.

Babar

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 05/10/2018 10:55:16
A big reason the majority of suicide victims are men...
Isn't the other side of that stat that the majority of suicide attempts are by women? So it wouldn't really match your theory.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Danvzare

Quote from: Babar on Fri 05/10/2018 12:39:26
Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 05/10/2018 10:55:16
A big reason the majority of suicide victims are men...
Isn't the other side of that stat that the majority of suicide attempts are by women? So it wouldn't really match your theory.
That just proves men are better than women at everything. (laugh)

I'm sorry. I am so very sorry. I just could not resist that. It was right there, and I would have regretted not taking it.
Please accept my apology. I'll leave now. :-[

CaptainD

Could I request that mods lock this thread?  This is really not what I created the thread for, and I did not foresee it going this way at all. It certainly isn't helping anyone.

Andail

Ok, just issuing another moderator statement here:
While joking is generally cool, the starter and owner of a thread has a certain say in what goes in it. Captain obviously wanted this thread to be a serious discussion about suicide. Jack wasn't offering a different opinion, he just disrupted what this thread was meant to be about. For future reference, that's not ok.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk