Sprite Jam 23 April - 3 May 2003

Started by Cerulean, Wed 23/04/2003 11:35:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerulean

Okay, here we go. As in the last jam, your sprite should depict an existing adventure game character. What I want you to do is to take a human character and draw what he/she would look like as a furry animal character... Or, conversely, take one who is already an animal character and draw what that character would look like as a human.

There are no limits to size or medium, but you will score points by staying close to the style of the original; i.e. make your sprite look like it could be put back into the game the character came from without looking too out of place.

Have fun!

n3tgraph

Whooo I'm the first to participate :)

I hope you recognize him....
It's Sam from Sam & Max - but then human. Currently washing his feet :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

It's Roger. As a werewolf. Betcha didn't see that one coming.

p.s. this is my first ever sprite jam entry! w00t!

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Gilbert

Here I come:

His name is Bobcat, of course. (hehe ;D )

I think I must have a rest, for unknown reasons I'm drawing *things* of one single game over and over again...

-- EDIT --
Don't know why, it appeared as red cross to me, never happened before, I may look for ways to fix it later...
Nevermind, it's just a matter of time.

Cerulean

Heh, at least you didn't just grab the swan from the end of the game and say "Well it is in fact Bobbin as an animal, duh!"

All good entries so far. Keep 'em coming!

Gilbert

Quote from: Cerulean on Thu 24/04/2003 11:11:53
Heh, at least you didn't just grab the swan from the end of the game and say "Well it is in fact Bobbin as an animal, duh!"

What a good idea! Why didn't I think of this before? That way I didn't need to waste my time! ;D

remixor

Quote from: N3TGraph on Wed 23/04/2003 13:35:34
I hope you recognize him....
It's Sam from Sam & Max - but then human. Currently washing his feet :)

I totally called that before I read the text.  The hands and the tie gave it away.  And the hat I suppose.  Whatever.  Good job!
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

GWNox

IIRC from the beginning of LC, the dog Indiana was a husky...

Laserschwert

Wow, N3T... that's a lovely one... I immediately got it because of his suit... and of course he's washing his feet... I mean, he was running around all bare feet, when he was a dog!

Rincewind

Here goes... This is Gabriel Knight as bear(Or a bear-like creature, anyway...) - Carrying his shattenjäger dagger and his talisman.

Mr_Frisby

Commander Boston Llama

(Thankyou Gilbot and Quickstrike)
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Quickstrike

Here's Mr_Frisby's sprite:

"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Mr_Frisby

Thankyou Sorrybout that.

Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Gilbert

Actually Geocities doesn't allow hotlinking, so all we saw in your post are just 2 big red X. (I can view it by copying the link to teh address tho).

You may not know of this because the pic's probably in your cache already.

To make your pic viewable, one way is to use
http://invis.free.anonymizer.com like what Quick did.

SLaMgRInDeR

its guybrush from the curse of monkey island, only now he's Le Chucks right hand man.
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Evil

Heh, maybe we should change the name to paint-shop Friday ;) good entrys btw...

SLaMgRInDeR

no! >:( i dont have paint shop, onl photoshop! besides, photoshop's the best!
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Eggie

But I asume you have MSpaint...

A zombie would have to be pretty mouldy to be counted as furry...

EDIT: oh yeah, PAINT SHOP PRO R0X0RZ!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk