Converting games to Mac

Started by Blondbraid, Fri 26/10/2018 16:04:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Hi!
I've had people say that they want to play the game I made, Commissar's Contrapasso,
on Mac but the only free apps I could find for converting Windows files to Mac were made to be used on a Mac.
Since I do not have a Mac of my own I'm wondering if someone is willing to help port the game to Mac.
I'd be most grateful!

morganw

I've got a Mac if you wanted to give it a try. Were you looking at something like this?

Blondbraid

Quote from: morganw on Fri 26/10/2018 18:17:07
I've got a Mac if you wanted to give it a try. Were you looking at something like this?
Yes, have you used wineskin before?

morganw

I've tried it in Wineskin and Wine Bottler, although in both cases I think the mouse cursor will become jerky if you use a 'gaming mouse' which produces a lot of mouse events. Do you know which version of AGS your game was made in? If it is low enough, I could try building the Mac version of the engine.

Blondbraid

Quote from: morganw on Fri 26/10/2018 22:13:00
I've tried it in Wineskin and Wine Bottler, although in both cases I think the mouse cursor will become jerky if you use a 'gaming mouse' which produces a lot of mouse events. Do you know which version of AGS your game was made in? If it is low enough, I could try building the Mac version of the engine.
The game was built in the latest version, 3.4 I believe. Can you still build it?

morganw

It didn't go well so far...

Blondbraid

Quote from: morganw on Sat 27/10/2018 00:05:26
It didn't go well so far...
That's a shame, do you have any idea on how it could be fixed?

morganw

I've built it with an older version of Xcode, and it seems to be working okay. If you send me an image to use for the icon (1024 x 1024, and I'll create the scaled down versions from that, probably best not to feature text) I can probably give you a built game back.

Blondbraid

Quote from: morganw on Sat 27/10/2018 17:00:40
I've built it with an older version of Xcode, and it seems to be working okay. If you send me an image to use for the icon (1024 x 1024, and I'll create the scaled down versions from that, probably best not to feature text) I can probably give you a built game back.
That's great to hear, I just sent you a PM with a PNG image linked, will that do as icon?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk