SOLVED: Default Template missing from download

Started by xev, Mon 29/10/2018 08:22:00

Previous topic - Next topic

xev

My apologies if this is supposed to be posted in General Discussion, I wasn't sure where to address this.
I see many people talking about the "Default Template", and I would like to try it out, however I downloaded the latest version of AGS last week and the Default template was not included.  Might someone be able to direct me to where I could download it? I did not see it included in the americangirlscouts templates page.
I appreciate any help.

For reference these templates were included in my download: 9-verb MI-style, Empty Game, LW_BASS_v2.0, Sierra-style, Verb Coin (i think).

Snarky

The "default template" was recently renamed Sierra-style, in order to be more descriptive.

Mandle

The in-game help still tells the user to start with the "default" template if inexperienced in the other types of templates (when they are selected).

But there is no "default" template. I even tried just clicking "Next" without selecting a template thinking that was the puzzle solution, but you have to pick a template.

Not a bad puzzle in the medium-to-hard range but I would suggest removing the misleading "default template" hints.

I had to look up this walkthrough to solve it.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: morganw on Tue 05/02/2019 18:13:33
Thanks, I don't think anyone had realised this.
https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags-manual/issues/33

This was fixed in the latest 3.4.1 release (at least most noticable instance). But apparently I forgot to update the online manual again.
@Mandle, could you please clarify where exactly did you see reference to "Default" template? (Some page in the manual, editor message, etc?)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk