Author Topic: AGS Awards 2019 - Suggestions for committee awards  (Read 166 times)

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mittens Lord
  • Private Insultant
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2018, for his numerous additions to the AGS open source ecosystem including the new Awards Ceremony client and modules
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
This is a bit outside the usual (since it's handled by a secret jury rather than open nominations and vote), but I'd like to bring suggestions for the juried categories:

Best Innovation: Dualnames

When I won it last year, in large part for the AGS Awards client, I was shocked to discover that Dualnames had not got the award years ago (although he did work on Colourwise, which was the basis for bicilotti's win in 2008). He did most of the work on the original client and maintained it for years, and has made many other contributions besides. He deserves this award.

Lifetime Achievement: densming

For making the popular AGS YouTube tutorials, which have taught so many people how to code in AGS. Enough said!

cat

• Local Moderator
  • AGS Baker
    • cat worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • cat worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: AGS Awards 2019 - Suggestions for committee awards
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2020, 21:10 »
Great idea!

I will add two more suggestions for Lifetime Achievement:

Mandle

He is always active on the forums and keeping them alive. He started several popular forum games in the Rumpus Room. He joins what feels like every second MAGS and always with very creative ideas. He also worked successfully on a few larger commercial projects.

(No avatar ATM)
CaptainD

A member of the forum since what feels forever. He has an incredibly long list of games he worked on. He is a team player and willing to help out other developers with testing, voice acting, writing or whatever is needed. He is a maker and hands-on guy and manages to spread his positive attitude very well.

Re: AGS Awards 2019 - Suggestions for committee awards
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2020, 03:58 »

Lifetime Achievement: densming

For making the popular AGS YouTube tutorials, which have taught so many people how to code in AGS. Enough said!

Oops, I suggested densming in PM last year, but too late. I also resent this suggestion recently, before noticing this post. Not sure how this works, but if possible, I'd like to second this.