What's your favourite rum based drink?

Started by milkanannan, Fri 23/11/2018 16:39:14

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

I usually buy Mount Gay (recommended by a guy I met from Bermuda, so I assume he knows what he's talking about?), but right now it's a big bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Gold. The 'Gold' variety includes a very strong vanilla flavour to it, which makes me wish I had gone with the regular Captain Morgan Spiced. Anyway, still tastes alright direct in a bunch of lime juice with ice. I also tried it with some extra ground cinnamon, and that was pretty good too, but in future I think I'll mix it up in a blender because the cinnamon doesn't really dissolve, so it looks kind of gritty when you're drinking it.

By the way, I know nothing about rum, so if any experts out there want to share some advice please feel free!

Tampere

Quote from: manifest class on Fri 18/01/2019 02:41:55
I usually buy Mount Gay (recommended by a guy I met from Bermuda, so I assume he knows what he's talking about?), but right now it's a big bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Gold. The 'Gold' variety includes a very strong vanilla flavour to it, which makes me wish I had gone with the regular Captain Morgan Spiced. Anyway, still tastes alright direct in a bunch of lime juice with ice. I also tried it with some extra ground cinnamon, and that was pretty good too, but in future I think I'll mix it up in a blender because the cinnamon doesn't really dissolve, so it looks kind of gritty when you're drinking it.

By the way, I know nothing about rum, so if any experts out there want to share some advice please feel free!

Nice. I am no expert, but I always found rum to be overwhelming on its own (flavour and sweetness).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk