Open the puzzle pod

Started by cat, Tue 26/11/2019 12:11:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: josiah1221 on Sun 26/04/2020 00:32:58
Spoiler
grail
[close]

Hahaha!!! Of course Tim would be the one to find it.

Correct!

Stupot

Personally I don’t think we should be allowed to post puzzles which require people to have two eyes.

Spoiler
:-*
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 26/04/2020 01:12:50
Personally I don’t think we should be allowed to post puzzles which require people to have two eyes.

Spoiler
:-*
[close]

(laugh) (laugh) (laugh)

blur

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 26/04/2020 01:12:50
Of course this was intended as a harmless joke and me myself fell into the ableist trap when I thought of replying that you can solve the puzzle with the help of an image editor when one happens to be one-eyed or otherwise stereo-vision impaired, we all failed to think of people with no vision at all.
Spoiler
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: blur on Sun 26/04/2020 08:03:05
Of course this was intended as a harmless joke and me myself fell into the ableist trap when I thought of replying that you can solve the puzzle with the help of an image editor when one happens to be one-eyed or otherwise stereo-vision impaired, we all failed to think of people with no vision at all.

If they have one of those braille pads would they need two hands to experience the image in stereo? Oh my gaaaaawd. the puzzle might be discriminating against blind, one-handed people!

josiah1221

Just threw one together, pretty simple, but maybe it will give a little challenge.

da tjp hvyz do ocdn avm tjp vmz cvga rvt oczmz
pnz ocz xgpzn wzgjr oj ydnxjqzm ocz hzocjy kmzkvmzy

14:1
3:2
17:7
5:4
20:5
6:3

CaptainD

Spoiler
Well I came up with XVZNVM by taking your numbers and grabbing Word 14 Letter 1, as there are 20 words (or at least, groups of letters).  Half of these are Roman numerals but I can't come up with anything significant (15zvn1000 doesn't mean anything to me), nor can I do anything with assigning numerical values to the letters or inverting them (Z=A etc). 

Can't seem to get any further than this.  Am I along the right sort of lines here?
[close]

Stupot

Captain D you missed one step:

Spoiler
It’s a Caesar cipher. Move each letter 5 back then try again.
[close]

josiah1221

dayowlron

Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk