Author Topic: Slay the Dragon III  (Read 1659 times)

Slay the Dragon III
« on: 10 Dec 2018, 02:22 »
Prepare yourself for the final installment in the Slay the Dragon trilogy

This game takes place five years after Slay the Dragon 2, and the hero has become King of the realm. But now a new threat has arrived: Three dragons are wreaking havoc across the land. The hero must once again take up the sword and defeat them. With help from his brave general and the wise Grand Magi, the hero will travel to three different areas to hunt down the dragons.

Screenshots:

The game is about one-quarter of the way complete. Here's a link to its page on Gamejolt. I'm going to try to post an update every week on the game's progress.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2018, 04:43 by TGames »

Re: Slay the Dragon III
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2018, 03:54 »
More Screenshots:

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2018, 08:17 »

The red signs on the dromedarius are scratches?   ???

_

« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2018, 13:08 »

The red signs on the dromedarius are scratches?   ???

_

Indeed  :D

« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2018, 13:37 »

Well...

Spoiler: ShowHide

Seems bigger than the dragon's claw... (but maybe a bigger dragon would show later...)

« Reply #5 on: 13 Dec 2018, 14:34 »
TheFrighther - Great point! I’ll have to go change that  (laugh)

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2018, 01:22 »
@TheFrighther: Fixed it!

« Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2018, 23:02 »
The very first devlog is now on gamejolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/Dragon3/384088
Production is going smoothly.  :-D

« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2018, 04:41 »
A few backgrounds for the game's intro:

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jan 2019, 04:08 »
Hey everyone!  :-D

I have been on vacation over the past few weeks and because of that production was slow on the second area of the game. But now that I am back I've kicked it back into full gear. I have some screenshots of backgrounds (Mostly in progress) for the second area, the Frostlands!

A large gateway of ice marks the entrance into the frozen tundra.

What hides in the forests of the Frostlands?

(Very in progress) Climb to the top of the icy mountain to reach the ice dragon.

(Very in progress) The dragon hides away in a cave of ice. Enter and strike down the foul beast!

« Reply #10 on: 02 Feb 2019, 19:48 »
All of the backgrounds for the Frostlands are now complete! All that is left now is the art for the characters and objects.

Here is a look at the finished versions of the backgrounds I showed in the previous post.

Check out the page on game jolt to see the backgrounds in game: https://gamejolt.com/games/Dragon3/384088

Hobo

« Reply #11 on: 25 Feb 2019, 22:22 »
I've played the two previous entries in the series and it's awesome to see the improvement in quality. This looks way more polished and complex than the first ones. Good luck with the production!

« Reply #12 on: 26 Feb 2019, 04:35 »
Hobo: Thank you so much! I’ve really been putting more time into graphics to make this game look a lot better than the other two did. I’ve been chugging away steadily for the past several months but there is still a lot more to do, your kind words are a big motivator!