This City at Night

Started by paolo, Fri 21/12/2018 15:45:16

Previous topic - Next topic

kconan

Wow, congrats on release after 11 years!

Vincent

Quote from: paolo on Sat 29/06/2019 14:49:08
Hi Vincent, great, you made it to the end! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you very much. Please consider giving your votes on the game page.

Regarding the Easter eggs, the Info button will tell you how many you have found so far, so you can keep track during the game and find out which actions increase the total.

And as for alternative endings,
Spoiler
you can find these by deliberately doing something wrong at points in the game where the screen flashes red.
[close]

Thanks paolo for the suggestion about the alternative endings, I have submitted my vote into the game page.

paolo

For those of you who have played the game, a mini quiz for you to puzzle over. Put those thinking caps on...

1. An easy one to start with: What are the real-life games referred to by the games on Joe's computer?
2. What does the "added gore" in one of the games refer to?
3. Why is the office building called Lexington House?

EDIT: No answers posted, so here they are:

Spoiler
"Harry Wales" refers to "Larry Vales", and also to Prince Harry. "Jen Borden IX Redux" is a spoof sequel imitating the long-running series of "Ben Jordan" games, of course. "Kelly Tootalot" refers to "Nelly Cootalot", "President Weevil" to "Resident Evil", and "San Marino" to "Gran Turismo", as well as the tiny European country. "Third Life" refers to "Second Life". "Trance-Atlantic" refers to "Trance-Pacific".
[close]
Spoiler
"Jen Borden IX Redux" has "added gore courtesy of her sister, Lizzie". Lizzie Borden was a real-life notorious axe-murderer.
[close]
Spoiler
Apart from Insurance International, the company names are based on dictionaries, or lexicons.
[close]

paolo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk