This City at Night

Started by Shadow1000, Tue 25/12/2018 03:25:01

Previous topic - Next topic

bertolino

still nothing just looking and reading everything for the 100th time still in church

sthomannch

I dug out an old save game and played a bit: From when I entered the church until
Spoiler

the compartment in the statue opened. You still have another riddle to solve then before you can leave this room, but you will find the hints in this thread. Otherwise I continue from there
[close]
Inventory
Spoiler

I have just four things, but I am sure you have the same, otherwise the game would not have progressed so far: lockpicks, usb stick, decoder, mobile phone
[close]
Some information you need in the dialogues
Spoiler

The nun waits for a code word, so select the right one: Pipistrelles ("bats" but most probably you know already)
I said that Mr Jones sent me and that I was called Minerva
All this information is accessible earlier in the game
[close]
Look and touch to get the following information
Spoiler

- right door - nun, she will disappear when you give the right information
- first two inscriptions, one to the left and one to the right of the right door
- bible (touch)
- other door - not useful yet
- crucifix
- inscription below crucifix - look at it, but you will have to examine it again later
- mosaic right of the Madonna - read plaque above it, look at Jesus, lamb, lion, tiles in the lower right corner
- inscription above Madonna
[close]
You should be able to proceed now
Spoiler

- touch statue to zoom in
- read plaque at the pedestal
- look at upper and lower half and get the remark about the crack in the middle of the statue - you may try to open it, no chance
- "speak" to Madonna, perhaps this was the problem. To pray you have to use the right cursor
[close]
And a little help if you cannot look inside
Spoiler

"touch" pedestal - you have to climb up to be able to look into the compartment
[close]
Hope this helps  :wink:

paolo

EDIT: sthomannch has already given you a longer solution (and actually not all of those steps are necessary), but this should be enough to get you on your way again:

Quote from: bertolino on Wed 15/07/2020 23:36:26
ok i have tried everything at the church looked at everything and read everything still cant get the crack of statue or pray or anything

Have you
Spoiler
looked at the inscription at the foot of the statue and at the statue's face?
[close]
That gives you a suggestion what you might do next.

If you're still stuck after that:
Spoiler
Talk to the statue's face
[close]

paolo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk