Cornelius Cat in: How the Cat Saved Christmas

Started by cat, Sat 29/12/2018 22:30:01

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

AGS Puppet Theatre proudly presents

Cornelius Cat in: How the Cat Saved Christmas

Someone was naughty and stole the Christmas decoration! Now it is up to Cornelius and Mortimer to bring it back and save Christmas.

Meet old and new characters, enjoy Dr. Seuss style rhymes and solve festive puzzles in a cotton wool landscape.

There is a German translation available.

F5 to save
F6 to restore
Ctrl+q to quit

Download here

The game is a sequel to Cornelius Cat in: The Uncontrollable Pest. However, the games are independent and you don't have to play one to enjoy the other (although you are highly encouraged to try it if you enjoy this game :))

Most of the assets were newly created for this game, only the characters and the stage frame (in a modified version) were reused.
Oh, and in case you are wondering: The pie was baked from cookie dough and the icicles were made from a PET bottle ;)

Made for MAGS December 2018

Update 23.12.2019:

I tweaked the game a bit so it now also works on Android. Just install the official AGS launcher app and copy the game to the ags folder on your phone or tablet.

Link to the AGS release: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=57628.0
Direct download link of the launcher app: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/releases/download/v.3.5.0.22/AGS-3.5.0.22-debug.apk

selmiak

this pie looks delicious, will try as soon as I have some time :)

josiah1221

Awesome, I really enjoyed the first one, looking forward to giving this one a go!  (nod)

Mandle

YAAAAAAAY! Absolutely loved the charm of the first one and this one looks like it has a themed rhyming narrative so YAAAAAAAAAAY again!!!

cat

Kastchey

I haven't played the first part (missed it somehow) but I'll totally give it a go after playing this one. I loved the cotton wool snow =)
And kudos for the rhymes, they add a whole new touch to the game.

Great job cat!

cat

Thanks! I hope you will not be disappointed because the first part does not have rhymes or cotton wool snow (but there is cling film water, at least  ;))

Kastchey

Can't wait to see the cling film water then :)

Ponch

I have been waiting for this game ever since you made that Cornelius Christmas card! Thanks, Cat! :cheesy:

selmiak

Just wondering,
Spoiler
I am quite a musical person it seems, I just heard parts of jingle bells on the icicles and played jingle bells just because, is this part of a puzzle that I missed?! Did the magpie somehow demand this?
[close]

cat

@Ponch  ;-D

@selmiak
Spoiler

I guess you got the point intuitively: the icicles play jingle bells and you have to continue the song (the idea was that due to resonance, the icicle would oscillate and finally break when you use the right frequencies).
The length of the icicles correlates with the pitch, so once you figured out that you have to play Jingle Bells and which one plays the base tone, you should be able to solve the puzzle. I'm glad you did, I thought the puzzle might be too difficult.
The magpie has nothing to do with it, you cannot interact with her before the icicles are gone anyway. But if you interact with the icicles and then talk to the reindeer before solving the puzzle, she will give you a hint (and an option to skip the puzzle, in case you can't hear the audio)
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: cat on Fri 04/01/2019 09:04:56
@Ponch  ;-D

@selmiak
Spoiler

I guess you got the point intuitively: the icicles play jingle bells and you have to continue the song (the idea was that due to resonance, the icicle would oscillate and finally break when you use the right frequencies).
The length of the icicles correlates with the pitch, so once you figured out that you have to play Jingle Bells and which one plays the base tone, you should be able to solve the puzzle. I'm glad you did, I thought the puzzle might be too difficult.
The magpie has nothing to do with it, you cannot interact with her before the icicles are gone anyway. But if you interact with the icicles and then talk to the reindeer before solving the puzzle, she will give you a hint (and an option to skip the puzzle, in case you can't hear the audio)
[close]

This puzzle was my favourite one of this game :)

Blondbraid

I haven't played the first game, but this was a very cute game and the felt animals were adorable!

cat

Just in time for December, I added a German translation.

Actually, it is not only a translation, but I also changed one dialog puzzle to be better suited for German speaking players.

Mandle

The main forum page only shows "Last Post in Re: Cornelius Cat in: Ho..." so I got excited, thinking there was a new Cornelius Cat game out.

Oh well, I shall be replaying this with students this December!!!

cat

Sorry to disappoint you, Mandle, especially with that sad comic face avatar looking at me. Maybe this would make a good New Year's resolution: Make another Cornelius Cat game.

I finished the game last year only after Christmas was already over, so many people might have missed out on it. I hope your students like it  :)

abstauber

Terrific news, thanks for the reminder and the translation. And finally my kids (or at least one of them) are old enough to enjoy some Cornelius  :-D

I'm looking very forward to play this with them

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Mon 02/12/2019 08:28:10
Sorry to disappoint you, Mandle, especially with that sad comic face avatar looking at me.

Look at it a little longer and you might not feel the same way about it...

cat

I don't want to disappoint your angry face either  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk