Assistance MAGS January

Started by Nr. 2698, Sun 30/12/2018 00:42:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Nr. 2698

Hi there,

searching for puzzle- and dialogue writer.
At the moment we are two guys, me and babar.

Me is doing the graphics and babar the scripting.
We released for November MAGs a game which is called "Blooded fields"

Should be also reduced to the essential.

If you are good with puzzles and dialogues contact me on pn.

Have fun!
Christian

Creamy

QuoteMe is doing the graphics and babar the scripting.
We released for November MAGs a game which is called "Blooded fields"

There's no mention of Danvzare or Babar in the completed game announcement or the Itch.io page of Blooded fields.
Just that:
QuoteDeveloped by 3 guys in the course of a month for a monthly competition.

Only your name appears on the top of the AGS page of the game. You've got to dig in the "see people who made this" section to read their name.

So I think you should give more credit to your co-workers before anything else.

Adeel

Creamy, I think you're being a bit harsh on him...

Quote from: Creamy on Mon 31/12/2018 18:55:45
Spoiler
There's no mention of Danvzare or Babar in the completed game announcement or the Itch.io page of Blooded fields.
Just that:
QuoteDeveloped by 3 guys in the course of a month for a monthly competition.
[close]
To be fair to Nr. 2698, the itch.io page belongs to Babar. If you click on 'more information', the only author listed there is Babloyi (aka Babar). If anything, this concern should be addressed to Babar. I'm actually surprised that Nr. 2698 doesn't mind about his name not being on the itch-io page.

Quote from: Creamy on Mon 31/12/2018 18:55:45
Spoiler
Only your name appears on the top of the AGS page of the game. You've got to dig in the "see people who made this" section to read their name.

So I think you should give more credit to your co-workers before anything else.
[close]
Many people who come up with the original idea of the game (and work on a major part of it while letting others work on other parts) often list only themselves at the top of the AGS game page. I can list you a few examples if you want me to.

While I do agree with you (I added the name of Retro Wolf to the top of my shitty mags game too, after all), it doesn't really matter so as long as the person who is adding the game to the DB gives proper credit in the 'see people who made this' section.

Nr. 2698

Hi there,

for the game i had great co-workers.
We did a great result and had a lot of fun to create Blooded fields.

We used Babars space on his babyloi server to load the game up to come along in time after having a very fast testsession of the game.

For me was important to have the correct credits Inside the game and in AGS site and there i thougt its the common way to show who worked on game.

I would be the last who dont want to Credit my coworkers.
But also its a Fun level where we produce games and this should be important. So in center there should be the creation of the game and bringing the people Fun playing the game..

Creamy

QuoteMany people who come up with the original idea of the game (and work on a major part of it while letting others work on other parts) often list only themselves at the top of the AGS game page. I can list you a few examples if you want me to.

Right. It doesn't help that this field is called "game author" in the AGS form.  It's still a bad practice IMO.

QuoteTo be fair to Nr. 2698, the itch.io page belongs to Babar. If you click on 'more information', the only author listed there is Babloyi (aka Babar). If anything, this concern should be addressed to Babar.

I didn't realize that, sorry.

Danvzare

As someone who helped with the game, I'm quite pleased with how I'm credited.
I'm in the 'see people who made this' section, and my name is in the game, so I'm happy.
As far as I'm concerned, Nr. 2698 deserves to be the only one in the "game author" field, because it was mostly his game. He organized everything, he came up with the premise, he chose what ideas did and didn't make it into the game.
If I was in his position, I would've done things exactly the same. (Well, I probably would've mentioned everyone who worked on the game on the Itch.io page, but that's besides the point.)

But that's just my thoughts on the matter. Babar might think differently.

Babar

Controversy!  :=
I too have no issue with how I've been credited, it's mostly Nr. 2698's baby, so it makes sense that he'd be listed as the "Game Author". Unfortunately you cannot have multiple people in that field, so in the absence of that, this way makes sense.

I should perhaps fix up the itch.io page to explicitly mention all the people who worked on it.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk