Server migration + site 'upgrade'

Started by AGA, Sun 30/12/2018 23:02:50

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

Quote from: AGA on Wed 02/01/2019 18:16:50
Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Wed 02/01/2019 18:07:06
Great job!

One thing: the "download AGS" button here used to be twice bigger? Now it's rather small (it has like zero padding) and has a light color, as if it was disabled.

I'd suggest make it wayyyy more visible.

The reason for that is I have changed the old image based buttons to be dynamic, which means I'll be able to use them to do more dynamic, context based stuff.  I can't have gradiants or complex colours if I do that, so the button now looks flatter.  The text also has to be a standard, off the shelf font for the same reason.  If someone can do a design that meets those requirements, but looks better, I'd be happy to use it.

these restrictions don't seem very dynamic :P
What about an image with a gradient as background image with some text over it? Gradients look good and css3 allows them! ;)

Yeah, thanks for making all the broken things work again and all the not so obvious improvements AGA :)

AGA

Fine by me, as long as it can scale as big or small as necessary, and still look unbroken!

Cassiebsg

Don't mind me, as I never go to the main page, but...
Why is there a huge blank space between the block to the left (download AGS, Make Games & Play games) and the one to the right? (recent news  (not very recent to be honest) and from the forum)??  And if I make my browser window fill less, like I normally do, the block doesn't follow to the left, meaning it "disappears" to the right.  8-0  :-[
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AGA

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 02/01/2019 22:00:05
Don't mind me, as I never go to the main page, but...
Why is there a huge blank space between the block to the left (download AGS, Make Games & Play games) and the one to the right? (recent news  (not very recent to be honest) and from the forum)??  And if I make my browser window fill less, like I normally do, the block doesn't follow to the left, meaning it "disappears" to the right.  8-0  :-[

Because I'm not very good at CSS!  On other pages it's more sensible, it's just not aligned very well on the front page.

LimpingFish

Bug report! I just noticed that thread prefixes (and the option to add them to posts) have disappeared from the Recruitment forum.

Other than that, I haven't noticed any major problems. Good work, AGA!  ;-D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

dactylopus

A great deal of work has been (and continues to be) done here, and I wanted to say that I really appreciate all of the time spent improving the site.

Stupot

Good work, AGA. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Not a major problem, but there's no longer that little thing in the bottom corner of text boxes that lets you expand the size of the box. I often find that quite useful.

AGA

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 03/01/2019 06:19:32

Not a major problem, but there's no longer that little thing in the bottom corner of text boxes that lets you expand the size of the box. I often find that quite useful.

On the forums, or main site?  Can you give some examples?  It's back on the forums now, at least.

Stupot

Quote from: AGA on Thu 03/01/2019 07:35:35
Quote from: Stupot on Thu 03/01/2019 06:19:32

On the forums, or main site?  Can you give some examples?  It's back on the forums now, at least.

I mean the boxes that you can input a block of text, like the box I'm using to type this exact message. Here's what I mean, from a Moodle page:

Now this forum doesn't have that. There is now a thing running along the bottom but nothing happens when I click on it:

Snarky

I get both (Firefox on Mac), and I can drag that little double line down to expand the text box.

AGA

Yeah, the draggable line Snarky mentions was always there, and I just put the diagonal one back in. Do a hard refresh (CTRL+F5) if you don't see it.

It won't work on mobile though, since you can't drag.

Stupot

Thanks. It's working again now :-)

I always thought it was possible to drag it on my phone but it is also possible that I'm misremembering that.

CaptainD

Not sure if this has already been found, I tried to delete a comment on my game's page (it was about a sale that's been and gone so no longer relevant) and got a "Page incorrectly accessed." error.

AGA

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 03/01/2019 11:55:20
Not sure if this has already been found, I tried to delete a comment on my game's page (it was about a sale that's been and gone so no longer relevant) and got a "Page incorrectly accessed." error.

Yeah, you aren't meant to be able to do that (and never have been). I'll fix the bug that shows you the option when I get home.

AGA

Quote from: AGA on Thu 03/01/2019 15:05:10

Yeah, you aren't meant to be able to do that (and never have been). I'll fix the bug that shows you the option when I get home.

Has the option disappeared now?

CaptainD

Quote from: AGA on Thu 03/01/2019 17:43:37
Quote from: AGA on Thu 03/01/2019 15:05:10

Has the option disappeared now?
Sorry, still seeing it. Tried logging out and back in but it made no difference.

AGA

And exactly which game are we talking about?  Can't see any obvious cause why you're seeing this!

cat

I see it as well, I think because I have admin rights on the game DB (I sometimes help people fix their DB entries when they locked themselves out).
Maybe you have them as well? Some people were given those rights during one of those "fix screenshots and download links" activities.

CaptainD

Quote from: AGA on Thu 03/01/2019 22:05:55
And exactly which game are we talking about?  Can't see any obvious cause why you're seeing this!

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2227/#comments

Just checked and still seeing it.  Does it make any difference that it's my own game?

Also some older comments seem to have disappeared (or, the "see older comments" link is just not showing?).

cat

The [ br ] and [ endsummary ] tags don't seem to work in the games DB description (Example: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2314/).
However, just putting line breaks directly into the edit window works (Example: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2316/)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk