Server migration + site 'upgrade'

Started by AGA, Sun 30/12/2018 23:02:50

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Quote from: cat on Fri 04/01/2019 08:48:30
I see it as well, I think because I have admin rights on the game DB (I sometimes help people fix their DB entries when they locked themselves out).
Maybe you have them as well? Some people were given those rights during one of those "fix screenshots and download links" activities.

That was my first thought, but nope, CaptainD has none of those permissions (indeed none but 'normal user'...).  Being his own game shouldn't matter.  And weirdly, when I impersonate his user in my test environment, I see no delete option!  CaptainD, just to be sure, can you do a CTRL+F5 hard refresh on the page?  I made some small tweaks yesterday, so very surprised you're still seeing the delete option!

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 04/01/2019 09:07:53
Also some older comments seem to have disappeared (or, the "see older comments" link is just not showing?).

On the game you linked in particular, there really are 'just' nine comments.  The logic was indeed broken on games with more than ten comments (e.g. https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/269/#comments - the most commented game to date), which I've now fixed.

Quote from: cat on Fri 04/01/2019 09:13:18
The [ br ] and [ endsummary ] tags don't seem to work in the games DB description (Example: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2314/).
However, just putting line breaks directly into the edit window works (Example: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2316/)

Indeed the new WYSIWYG editor seems to work fine.  I'll just need to run a query to convert CJ's old BBCode syntax to real HTML.

Slasher

In game database, adding an ' or " results in getting \ as well...

CaptainD

Quote from: AGA on Fri 04/01/2019 19:58:21
CaptainD, just to be sure, can you do a CTRL+F5 hard refresh on the page?  I made some small tweaks yesterday, so very surprised you're still seeing the delete option!

I'm afraid it's still there.  Tried the hard refresh, also tried in a different browser.

I mean it's not a huge problem, it just means that there's an irrelevant comment about a special offer that's no longer active.  But it IS odd!

AGA

Quote from: LimpingFish on Wed 02/01/2019 22:47:16
Bug report! I just noticed that thread prefixes (and the option to add them to posts) have disappeared from the Recruitment forum.

Other than that, I haven't noticed any major problems. Good work, AGA!  ;-D

Fixed!

Quote from: AGA on Fri 04/01/2019 19:58:21
Indeed the new WYSIWYG editor seems to work fine.  I'll just need to run a query to convert CJ's old BBCode syntax to real HTML.

This is now fixed.  Linebreaks should show sensibly in all games' descriptions.

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 04/01/2019 20:32:59
I mean it's not a huge problem, it just means that there's an irrelevant comment about a special offer that's no longer active.  But it IS odd!

Deleted the comment, and fixed the bug.  Now users can delete posts they themselves made (along with admins).

Quote from: Slasher on Fri 04/01/2019 20:08:04
In game database, adding an ' or " results in getting \ as well...

Sorry, can you give me an exact example of what you're doing to see this?  I've tried to work it out, but all results I see have just the intended symbols...

Slasher

Game Database.

'About this game' section

add  a "  see  \"  when saved

add an '  see  \'  when saved

cat

AGA

Quote from: Slasher on Sat 05/01/2019 05:54:11
Game Database.

Can you give me an example of a game page that has this?  I just picked a random one of your games that had a ' in the description text and couldn't see it.

Snarky

1. Some of the MediaWiki macros (or whatever they're called) are broken in the Wiki. See for example the links to previous/following years on this page: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/wiki/AGS_Awards_2017

2. On the main forum page, the headers for each forum section say "Unread Posts" before the name. Is that how it's supposed to be, or some missing icon or something?

3. The simple forum search bar used to have a dropdown to limit the search to the current board/thread. That feature is gone. I found it quite useful; can we have it back?

Slasher

Quote from: AGA on Sat 05/01/2019 15:19:47
Quote from: Slasher on Sat 05/01/2019 05:54:11
Game Database.

Can you give me an example of a game page that has this?  I just picked a random one of your games that had a ' in the description text and couldn't see it.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2311/

Added to game description
"Made for Dec's Mag 2018."

AGA

1. Fixed.

2. This is actually intended behaviour (didn't it always look like that?), but I'm working to swap the text with the bluecup icon we see for unread posts.  Far more fiddly than you'd think!

3. I'm working to get the improved search functionality reimplemented, but it's massively unsupported these days, so it's quite possible it won't work.  At very least though, search is actually limited to the current context by default (i.e. within current topic, current board or current whole forum).

Snarky

Quote from: AGA on Sat 05/01/2019 21:25:47
1. Fixed.

Thanks!

Quote2. This is actually intended behaviour (didn't it always look like that?), but I'm working to swap the text with the bluecup icon we see for unread posts.  Far more fiddly than you'd think!

I don't recall. It's not a big deal.

Quote3. I'm working to get the improved search functionality reimplemented, but it's massively unsupported these days, so it's quite possible it won't work.  At very least though, search is actually limited to the current context by default (i.e. within current topic, current board or current whole forum).

That sounds sufficient; there isn't really a need for a dropdown, then. But it should probably be communicated: "Search forum/board/thread"

Great work!

AGA

Cassiebsg

About search:
Yes, cause I often use the search to search for topics, not necessarily just in the topic I'm currently at... so maybe an explanation on how the search works is needed? I always missed the option to search a specific part of the forum, like just "rumpus room" or "beginers..." or... Maybe it always did that and I didn't noticed?  8-0
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AGA

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 05/01/2019 22:21:45
That sounds sufficient; there isn't really a need for a dropdown, then. But it should probably be communicated: "Search forum/board/thread"

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 05/01/2019 22:37:40
About search:
Yes, cause I often use the search to search for topics, not necessarily just in the topic I'm currently at... so maybe an explanation on how the search works is needed? I always missed the option to search a specific part of the forum, like just "rumpus room" or "beginers..." or... Maybe it always did that and I didn't noticed?  8-0

I've added a dynamic label, so now it shows "Search Forums", "Search Board" or "Search Topic" depending on your context.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Khris

SSI.php is apparently missing from the test folder, and the forum theme has lost its stylesheet.

Mandle

Quote from: Khris on Thu 10/01/2019 00:35:46
SSI.php is apparently missing from the test folder, and the forum theme has lost its stylesheet.

Whew, I was worried that this might have been the new skin.=D

AGA

Sorry about that, deployment mishap.  That'll teach me not to do it right before going to bed at the end of a long day.

Snarky

I almost always get a 403 error when trying to preview (and often when trying to post) from Quick Reply. "Your technical support key is: c16e-2414-b40c-8ddc"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk