MAGS January “Crossover” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Tue 01/01/2019 02:29:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS January?

Alice in Maniacland by Dog Rat
3 (21.4%)
Ego in Planet of the Apes by Durq
5 (35.7%)
Space Cross: The BSG Team by Cassiebsg
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: Fri 15/02/2019 01:56:06

Stupot

The votes are in and we have a winner!
Well done to Cassiebsg and Morganw. You will be contacted soon about coming up with a theme for March.

Thanks to all participants and voters.

Alice in Maniacland by Dog Rat

Ego in Planet of the Apes by Durq

Space Cross: The BSG-Team
by Cassiebsg and Morganw

Topic: Crossover
Chosen by: Danvzare

Description:
The hot new trend recently has been cinematic universes. Everything's got to be connected to everything else! So that's why the challenge this month is to pick two or more works of fiction and combine them.

Do you have two games you made before that you want to make a sequel to? Then now's your chance!
Never made a game before? Then why not have Sherlock Holmes meet Dracula!
Don't have any art skills? Make a special crossover episode between Reality on the Norm and Maniac Mansion Mania!

The possibilities are endless! Just make sure it's combining two or more works of fiction, regardless of whether those works of fiction are games, movies, books, or comics, that you or someone else has made. As long as it's possible to see the original source materials, then you're good to go.

Special Guidelines:
If you're making a crossover/sequel to two of your past games. You are allowed to reuse the sprites from those past games, and if necessary, a background or two.
Of course, all publically available assets can be used at any time.

TheFrighter

Ben Jordan versus Barn Runner?  (laugh) Just kidding.

_

Slasher

So, it's just 2 of any famous characters: Bugs bunny meets Frankenstein,   Barney Rubble meets Dr Jekyll,  Sherlock Holmes meets Agather Christie.....

Is this correct?

Danvzare

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 01/01/2019 12:52:16
So, it's just 2 of any famous characters: Bugs bunny meets Frankenstein,   Barney Rubble meets Dr Jekyll,  Sherlock Holmes meets Agather Christie.....

Is this correct?
If doesn't just have to be famous characters.
You could have your "The Rat Pack" crossover with Cat's "Cornelius Cat", assuming you got her permission.
You could even have more than two if you wanted do be a bit more ambitious. Or even crossover the settings instead of the characters (assuming the settings are recognizable enough).

I think TheFrighther's joke perfectly sums up the general idea.  :-D

Ponch

Quote from: TheFrighther on Tue 01/01/2019 09:06:23
It is my dearest Christmas wish to see this happen!  :cheesy:  :cheesy:  :cheesy:

TheFrighter

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 03/01/2019 03:01:34
Quote from: TheFrighther on Tue 01/01/2019 09:06:23
It is my dearest Christmas wish to see this happen!  :cheesy:  :cheesy:  :cheesy:

By the way, Ponch...

Spoiler

I played Barn Runner: The Mayor's New Dress and got the max score, but still not the secret ending... any hint?

[close]

_

Ponch

Quote from: TheFrighther on Thu 03/01/2019 08:59:18
By the way, Ponch...

Spoiler

I played Barn Runner: The Mayor's New Dress and got the max score, but still not the secret ending... any hint?
[close]
Have you tried...
Spoiler

Clicking the "Rated T" label in the corner of the menu screen?
[close]

TheFrighter

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 03/01/2019 22:17:50
Quote from: TheFrighther on Thu 03/01/2019 08:59:18
By the way, Ponch...

Spoiler

[close]
Have you tried...
Spoiler

Clicking the "Rated T" label in the corner of the menu screen?
[close]

Spoiler

Yeah, but don't seem it affect the good ending

[close]

Blondbraid

It's kind of hard for me to come up with good crossovers for my characters since most of the games take place in different centuries,
but I've been toying with the idea of having the viking guardsman meeting the pope...

Cassiebsg

You can always divert a bit from "historically correct" and go with "historical parody"... then all is game.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

TheFrighter

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 04/01/2019 15:52:54
It's kind of hard for me to come up with good crossovers for my characters since most of the games take place in different centuries,
but I've been toying with the idea of having the viking guardsman meeting the pope...

Or maybe you could do a meeting with an historical-legendary figure as Prester John.

_

DBoyWheeler

If I weren't so busy with other things... *sigh*

Though I admit, it would be kind of fun to see our beloved cat-burglar-turned-paranormal-investigator, Trilby, team up with another AGS hero.

VampireWombat

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Sun 06/01/2019 12:49:52
If I weren't so busy with other things... *sigh*

Though I admit, it would be kind of fun to see our beloved cat-burglar-turned-paranormal-investigator, Trilby, team up with another AGS hero.
Maybe you could team up with someone else to make it an RoN game?
If you and/or someone else could come up with all the ideas I'd even be willing to do graphics and the programming if no one better could be found.

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sun 06/01/2019 13:37:24
Maybe you could team up with someone else to make it an RoN game?
If you and/or someone else could come up with all the ideas I'd even be willing to do graphics and the programming if no one better could be found.

That'd be an interesting thought--maybe one of my previous characters, like my skunk angel Rosaura helping Mika Huy for instance.

But, back on the current topic of this thread--best of luck to all who enter this.

CaptainD

Captain Disaster meets Troll Song would be fun... sadly I don't think I'll be able to do MAGS this month though.

Slasher

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 07/01/2019 11:14:34
Captain Disaster meets Troll Song would be fun... sadly I don't think I'll be able to do MAGS this month though.
Could be a hoot..... Food for thought ;)

VampireWombat

Well, I'm planning to do a crossover of Thomas Carnacki, ghost finder and Armand Broussard, werewolf hunter. I haven't figured out the story yet, but I do have some game play ideas and made the base sprites for the two characters this weekend.

If anyone needs some characters or backgrounds this week, let me know. I could use the practice while trying to figure out details of my game. If no on needs the help, I might just make some generic stuff that anyone can use for this and any future MAGs.

Danvzare

I'm glad my chosen topic has sparked up so much discussion and ideas.
For a while there, I was worried that my topic was a bit too open-ended.

Dog Rat

I know I probably won't make it in time as I'll be very busy the next two weeks, but just to be sure, it's okay to use resources downloaded from here, right?

Danvzare

Quote from: Dog Rat on Thu 10/01/2019 14:11:18
I know I probably won't make it in time as I'll be very busy the next two weeks, but just to be sure, it's okay to use resources downloaded from here, right?
Of course. All publicly available assets can be used.  (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk