AGS Awards 2018 - Results!

Started by cat, Sat 05/01/2019 13:28:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Click'd

How does the "lifetime achievement" award work? Do you take suggestions for that as well?

cat

The award is decided by a committee where members change every year. I assume that you could post suggestions, but usually the committee has no shortage of suitable candidates and deciding on a single person is sometimes very difficult.

Jack

This is something I've been wondering about, and maybe I can briefly hijack the thread to get some opinions: In which category should games fall that aren't classical adventure games, but aren't non-adventure either. Like Hidden Plains. It's half survival game, half adventure game. I always find myself coming up with hybrid adventures, and they don't seem to fit in either category.

Quote from: C.L.I.C.K. on Sun 24/02/2019 18:49:06
How does the "lifetime achievement" award work? Do you take suggestions for that as well?

Planning to nominate Amelie, eh?

Click'd

What made you jump to that conclusion?

Hobo

Well, I gave my votes. There were a few clear favourites for me this year, so it wasn't really that hard to choose.

And it's also awesome to see that the two projects I was involved with this year are among the nominees. I was expecting Echo to get in by default, since there were only two demos, but Don't Ice Your Cool nomination was certainly a nice surprise. Thanks to everyone who found the time to play and nominate them.

Snarky

Quote from: Jack on Mon 25/02/2019 18:20:31
This is something I've been wondering about, and maybe I can briefly hijack the thread to get some opinions: In which category should games fall that aren't classical adventure games, but aren't non-adventure either. Like Hidden Plains. It's half survival game, half adventure game. I always find myself coming up with hybrid adventures, and they don't seem to fit in either category.

If something approaching half the game (say 40%) is adventure gameplay, I'd say it qualifies as an adventure. If it's less than say 25% I'd classify it as a non-adventure. That in-between region is tricky, though. The Aggies have a "Non-Traditional Adventure" category that could maybe cover some of them (though that's not primarily intended or used for hybrids).

Personally, these are one kind of games I try to particularly keep in mind for the "Best Gameplay" award.

cat

*bump*

5 days left! How is everyone doing?

Stupot

Quote from: cat on Tue 05/03/2019 08:37:39
*bump*

5 days left! How is everyone doing?
I'm working on it. I'm paying the price for not playing many games throughout the year. Lots to catch up on. I might have to watch a few LPs to catch up but I should have covered most of the games come deadline day.

Akril15

Less than 3 days now...yikes.

cat

Remember, you don't have to vote in every category. If you didn't have enough time to play all non-adventure games, just skip it and vote for the rest. Or if you just can't decide which game has the best puzzles, vote for all the other categories.

Privateer Puddin'

cat

Ponch

Made it to the voting booth just in time!  :cheesy:

Kastchey

I have made a couple last minute changes to my preliminary votes. As it turned out, completing two final games did make a difference!

Akril15

Well, looks like now it's time to play the waiting game again...

cat

Voting has ended!

Thanks to everyone who played the nominated games and voted.

As every year, the results will be revealed in a ceremony using a special client. There are going to be quite a few new features this year so it is really worth joining. To decide on a date when the ceremony will be held, I created a doodle. Please let us know which days you will be able to join. This also helps me finding presenters. As a time I suggest 20:00 GMT (I hope I got this correct in the Doodle, please let me know if not).

Participate in the Doodle here

cat

The ceremony will take place on
March 30 at 20:00 GMT

There will be a beta of the client out about a week before the date for public testing. Details to follow.

Snarky

Woohoo!

Quote from: cat on Sun 17/03/2019 20:14:50
There will be a beta of the client out about a week before the date for public testing. Details to follow.

Let's pencil it in for Monday, 25. March at the same time, 20:00 GMT.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk