AGS Awards 2018 - Results!

Started by cat, Sat 05/01/2019 13:28:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Cool. Barring any surprises I should be able to attend this year.

Cassiebsg

* Cassiebsg hands a brand new alarm clock to Stupot... and keeps a Mandle as backup.  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kastchey

Ouch. That wil be around... 3 AM for you guys? 4AM?

Stupot

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 18/03/2019 14:21:53
* Cassiebsg hands a brand new alarm clock to Stupot... and keeps a Mandle as backup.  (laugh)
:embarrassed:

Quote from: Kastchey on Mon 18/03/2019 16:31:03
Ouch. That wil be around... 3 AM for you guys? 4AM?
5, I believe. Now, do we stay up late or wake up early?

Ponch

That's about 3pm, my time. Looking forward to it!  :smiley:

milkanannan

Quote from: cat on Sun 17/03/2019 20:14:50
The ceremony will take place on
March 30 at 20:00 GMT

There will be a beta of the client out about a week before the date for public testing. Details to follow.

How does it work? If I recall correctly it was once held on an IRC client, but I've been out of the loop for a few years.

Snarky

There's an AGS multi-player client that connects through IRC (originally developed by Wyz, Dualnames and JimReed; this year's version is being done by me, Kastchey, Wyz, selmiak and Ali). You can still join through IRC as well, though you only get a small part of the experience.

Here's a recording of last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkyi5GoyGuE

That reminds me: is anybody planning on recording or livestreaming it again this year?

milkanannan

Yeah a live stream would be helpful if someone could arrange that!

Snarky

I'm curious why you would rather connect to a livestream than just join the event yourself through the client?

Gurok

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 19/03/2019 05:24:47
That reminds me: is anybody planning on recording or livestreaming it again this year?

All going well, I'll be recording it again this year and uploading it to YouTube shortly after the event.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 19/03/2019 05:24:47
Here's a recording of last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkyi5GoyGuE

Darn, how did I manage to miss my game award :P. What was I doing? Probably sleeping...

It's so cool to see this networking in work, seem like magic (knowing limits of AGS).

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Snarky

Because there are always questions about this: The final AGS Awards client will be made available on the morning of the ceremony, as a 250 MB download.

If you have downloaded the Beta Test, it will not work. You must download and use the final release version.

cat

A quick reminder: The ceremony will happen tomorrow! There will be a client available for Windows, Linux and Mac, so no excuses :)

Cassiebsg

I thought Snarky said there woundn't be a Mac build, but a wrapper... am I wrong? (just wondering, I don't own a Mac)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

I don't know, maybe I misunderstood him - I know nothing about Mac  ???

Maybe he will clarify.

Jack

The mac version is the same as the linux with different icons and it costs $400.

Wyz

A lot can change in a week :D So, yes! We've managed to port the AGS Awards client over to Mac as well!  (nod)
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Kastchey

Yay Snarky and Wyz!
Edit: And vga256 & sonneveld, of course! Sorry I missed you.

I'm not a Mac user, but it's great that you made it happen for the people who are.

Snarky

I'm too tired to make a proper announcement, but there's no reason to delay.

Here's the final (barring any major unexpected issue) version of the AGS Awards client (v4.10). Thanks to the efforts of our awesome porting teams, it's available natively on Windows, Mac and Linux:

Windows (.7z) (181 MB)
Mac (.7z) (188 MB)
Linux (.tar.gz) (228 MB)

The ports should be identical, with one exception: Clipboard support (copy/paste to and from other applications) only works on Windows.
Note that the Linux build depends on a version of libpng. If not installed on your system, you can get it here: https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/libpng12-0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk